Alberni Valley Chamber of Commerce
Members and Supporters.
Here’s the quick analysis of the Survey:
- 90% of businesses are “currently being impacted by COVID-19”
- Of those impacted, 83% are seeing a “drop in revenue, business, or deal flow”
- 91% anticipate a further “decrease in revenue in the near-term” [sic]
- 73% of businesses expect their revenues will drop by 50% or more (with nearly a quarter saying revenues will drop by 100%)
- Half of the respondents say they will be “temporarily shutting down” their offices.
- 64% of respondents expect to reduce their staff by over half (with a quarter saying they will be reducing their staff by 100%)
This message below comes from David Robinson CEO and President of Tourism Canada. Those of you who might be particularly affected by the crisis within the Tourism Industry might wish to join the call referenced below.
"We know the tourism sector is facing uncertain times. We know that you are concerned about your business and day-to-day operations. We are too and we are here to help where we can.
We also know that our tourism sector has the ability to pull together as a team and face challenges with heart. Now more than ever, we must leverage the power of Team Canada to face this truly unprecedented challenge.
So, we are inviting you to a Visitor Economy webinar to share what Destination Canada knows, our approach moving forward and will provide information on federal support initiatives."
Destination Canada COVID-19 Update
Friday March 20, 2020 at 2:00-3:30 p.m. ET
David Robinson, Interim President & CEO and other members of Destination Canada’s senior team; Business Development Bank of Canada; Parks Canada; Tourism Industry Association of Canada; and Tourism HR Canada.
Meeting ID: 161 625 424
Canada: +1 587 328 1099
or +1 647 374 4685
or +1 647 558 0588
or +1 778 907 2071
or +1 438 809 7799
US: +1 312 626 6799
or +1 346 248 7799
or +1 646 558 8656
or +1 669 900 9128
or +1 253 215 8782
or +1 301 715 8592
We will hold a short Q&A at the end of the webinar. As we expect a large number of participants on this webinar, please submit your questions via email to
before Friday March 20 at 10:00 a.m. ET.
Until then, we have compiled information on Destination Canada’s COVID-19 response and government services relevant for businesses
Interim President & CEO, Destination Canada