RCN Sidewalk Restoration
On Tuesday, November 2, RCN began sidewalk restoration on St. Clair, from Superior Street to Illinois Street. This work is expected to be competed by the beginning of December 2021 (weather dependent).
Daylight Savings Time Ends: Sunday, November 7
Daylight Savings Time officially ends on Sunday, November 7, 2021 at 2:00 am. Please remember to set your clocks back one hour, giving us more daylight during dark autumn and winter mornings.
Millennium Park Christmas Tree Delivery
On Monday, November 8, the Millennium Park Christmas Tree will be delivered to the park. Northbound Michigan Avenue, from Madison to Randolph will be closed from 9:00am to 9:30am.
Crane Lift: 2 North Riverside Plaza
On Saturday, November 6 and Sunday, November 7 (9am-5pm) there will be a crane lift at 2 North Riverside Plaza. During the lift, the following will be closed:
- Sidewalk on the south side of Washington, from Canal to the Chicago River
- Curb lanes on the south side of Washington, from Canal to the Chicago River
- Two eastbound traffic lanes on Washington, from Canal to the Chicago River (this is a one-way eastbound street)
There will be one eastbound lane on Washington open to vehicular traffic at all times. They will have barricades and flaggers in-place throughout the lift.
42nd Ward - Bus Stop Change
To enhance the delivery of service, the following bus stop change will take place, effective on Wednesday, November 10, 2021 at 9:00 am:
- State at Chicago (northbound, nearside to farside)—Permanent bus stop relocation
Stop ID Number: 5387 to 18613
Neighborhood Notice - Dog Park Temporary Closing
Lendlease will be closing the Outdoor Dog Park associated with the IJKL development on Thursday, November 11th - Friday November 12th to adjust the park’s entry fence. Bike and pedestrian access on Lower Harbor Service Drive to the lake will not be restricted or reduced.
All dates are dependent on weather and if any changes occur, an updated schedule will be issued.
State St Bridge Expansion Joint Replacement
CDOT will be replacing the north expansion joint on the State Street Bridge over the Main Branch of the Chicago River. The sidewalk will remain open during this time. Construction will occur during the following dates/times:
- Friday, November 5 at 7pm to Monday, November 8 at 6am
Friday, November 12 at 7pm to Monday, November 15 at 6am
While work is occurring, the State Street Bridge will be closed to vehicular traffic.
Crane Lift: 77 West Wacker Drive
On Saturday, November 13 from 8am-5pm, there will be a crane lift at 77 W. Wacker Drive. During the lift, the following will be closed:
- Sidewalk on the east side of Clark, from Wacker to a point 200' south thereof
- Curb lanes on both sides of Clark, from Wacker to a point 200' south thereof
- Both southbound traffic lanes on Clark, from Wacker to a point 200' south thereof
The curb lane on the west side of Clark will be used for southbound traffic. There will be flaggers and barricades in-place throughout the lift.
42nd Ward Filmings
On Wednesday, November 10, Chicago Med will be filming inside RPM Steakhouse. During the filming, parking will be prohibited at the following locations (2am-3pm):
- Both Sides of W Kinzie St from N LaSalle Dr to N Dearborn St
- North Side of W Kinzie St from N Dearborn St to N State St
- Both Sides of N Clark St from 312 N Clark St to W Kinzie St
- East Side of N Dearborn St from W Kinzie St to W Hubbard St
ComEd Vault Roof Replacement
ComEd is replacing a sidewalk vault roof at 344 West Erie Street. Work hours will be 8am-3pm, 5-days a week.
Throughout the work, the sidewalk and curb lane on the north side of West Erie, from North Orleans to the first alley west thereof will be closed.
There will be barricades, detour signs, and flaggers on-site throughout the project. All work is expected to be completed by the beginning of December (weather dependent).
Crane Lift: 1 South Wells Street
On Saturday, November 13 and Sunday, November 14, from 8am-3pm there will be a crane lift at 1 South Wells Street.
During the lift, the following will be closed:
- Sidewalk on the north side of Madison, from Wells to a point 200' east thereof
- Curb land on the north side of Madison, from Wells to a point 200' east thereof
- BRT on Madison, from Wells to a point 200' east thereof
- One Westbound traffic lane on Madison, from Wells to a point 200' east thereof
They will have barricades and flaggers in-place throughout the lift. One lane of traffic will remain open for westbound traffic at all times (one-way westbound).
St. Clair Water Main Project
This project has been placed on-hold until 2022.
LG Construction: 751 N. Hudson and 451 W Chicago
LG Construction has broke ground at 751 N. Hudson Avenue and 451 W. Chicago Avenue, which are adjacent parcels. Work hours will be 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
Throughout the project, the following will be closed:
- Sidewalk/curb lane/traffic lane of the east side of Hudson, from Chicago to the first alley south thereof
- Sidewalk/curb lane/traffic lane on the west side of Sedgwick, from Chicago to the first alley south thereof
- Sidewalk/curb lane on the south side of Chicago, from Hudson to Sedgwick
There will be a protected pedestrian walkway in the curb lane on the south side of Chicago Avenue, from Hudson Avenue to Sedgwick Street.
This project is expected to take 18 months to complete (weather dependent).
Wacker Drive Repainting Project
In late-July, the Chicago Department of Transportation began repainting Lower/Middle Wacker Drive, from North Field Boulevard to Lake Shore Drive. Work hours will be 8am-8pm, 6-days a week.
CDOT will be sandblasting/repainting 80' sections of Wacker Drive at a time. The sandblasting/repainting area will be contained and exhaust fans will be in-place to remove dust and fumes.
Traffic will be maintained in both directions at all times, and access to parking garages will not be blocked.
This project is expected to be completed mid-December 2021.
354 North Union Construction
The Onni Group is constructing a 33 story residential building with 373 units. Work hours will be 8am-8pm, daily.
Parking will be prohibited on North Union, from West Kinzie to the cul-de-sac west thereof throughout the project. All construction equipment and vehicles will be staged on the Onni Group’s property. This project will take approximately two years to complete.
430 N. Michigan Lobby Renovation
Starting in mid-September, GNP Realty Partners will be renovating the lobby at 430 N. Michigan Avenue. Throughout the project, there will be a 40’ urban canopy on the sidewalk in front of the building. In order to place the canopy on the sidewalk, the planter bed and City Information Panel (CIP) at this location will be temporarily removed. Both the planter bed and CIP will be reinstalled upon completion of the project.
The project is expected to be completed in mid-December.
South Water Street Viaduct Replacement
In March 2021, the Chicago Department of Transportation began demolition of the South Water Street Viaduct, between Lower Beaubien Court and Stetson Street. Work hours are 8am-8pm, daily.
As of May 10, vehicular and pedestrian access will be prohibited on the Upper and Lower levels of South Water Street, between Lower Beaubien Court and North Stetson Street. There will be barricades and detour signs in-place throughout the duration of the project.
This project is expected to be completed in July 2022 (weather dependent).
Renovations at the Chicago Cultural Center, 78 East Washington Street
On February 15, the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) began renovating the Grand Army of the Republic Rotunda and Hall at the Cultural Center, located at 78 East Washington Street. Throughout the project, DCASE will be using the Cultural Centers loading zone at 129 North Garland Court as storage for the project and to place their construction dumpster.
On Monday, April 19, canopies will be installed at the following locations:
- South side of Randolph, from Michigan to a point 50' west thereof
- West side of Michigan, from Randolph to a point 75' south thereof
The project is expected to be completed February 2022.
Construction: 609 West Randolph Street
Construction of a 15-story commercial building at 609 West Randolph Street began in mid-January. Throughout the duration of the project, the following will be closed:
- Curb/Traffic lane and sidewalk on south side of West Randolph, from North Jefferson to 621 West Randolph
There will be a canopy with a concrete crash wall and plywood enclosure for pedestrian use in the closed traffic lane on West Randolph, from North Jefferson to 621 West Randolph.
There will be detour signs, barricades, and flaggers in place for the duration of the project. This project is expected to be completed at the beginning of 2022 (weather dependent).
Façade Work: 160 North LaSalle Street
Bowa Construction began work in October 2020 to perform façade and cladding work at 160 North LaSalle Street. During the work, there will be scaffolding on the east, north, and south sides of the building.
All work is expected to be completed in December 2021.
Overnight Parking Ban Downtown
Until further notice, overnight parking will be restricted on the following streets during the weekend:
- Both sides of Oak, between Michigan and Clark
- South side of Oak, between LaSalle and Wells
- Both sides of Chicago, between Michigan and Wells
- Both sides of Ohio, between Michigan and Wells
- Both sides of Hubbard, between Michigan and Wells
- North side of Illinois, between Dearborn and Clark
- Both sides of Illinois, between Wabash and Dearborn
- Both sides of Rush, between Grand and Ohio
- Both sides of Rush, between Erie and Oak
- Both sides of Wabash, between the Chicago River and Grand
- Both sides of State, between Kinzie and Oak
- Both sides of Erie, from Rush to Wells
- Both sides of Huron from Rush to Dearborn
- Both sides of New Street, from Illinois to North Water
- Both sides of Columbus Drive, from Monroe to Balbo
- North side of Wacker Drive, from Wabash to Michigan
- North side of Wacker Drive, from Franklin to Columbus
- Both sides of Wacker Drive, from State to Wabash
- Both sides of Stetson, from Randolph to Wacker
- Both sides of Columbus Drive, from Randolph to Wacker
- Both sides of Beaubien Court, from Randolph to Lake
- Both sides of Randolph, from Harbor to Michigan
- Both sides of Ohio, from Michigan to Fairbanks
- West side of Larrabee, from Erie to Huron
As always, please make sure to read all posted signage before parking your vehicle downtown.