Due to continuing unhealthy air quality conditions, all Washington Unified (WUSD) schools will be closed on Friday, November 16, 2018.
Together with our neighboring school districts in Yolo County we have been following the safety recommendations of the Yolo County Health and Human Services Agency, the Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality District, Yolo-Solano Air Quality Management and the Yolo County Office of Education.
After reviewing the latest information with our counterparts in Woodland, Davis, Winters Esparto and the Yolo County Office of Education as of 3:00 p.m. today, we have decided that closing our schools is in the best interest of our entire community.
- Employees do not need to report to work on Friday, November 16, 2018.
- Please consult with their immediate supervisor for specific details.
- Administrators are expected to report to work on Friday, November 16, 2018.
- The WUSD Food Services will have meals for students who are identified for Free and Reduced school for breakfast and lunch at your local school.
- Any child can receive a meal at any one of these locations: River City High School, Riverbank, Elkhorn, Westfield and Westmore Oaks.
- All WUSD schools are closed for Thanksgiving Break on November 19-23.
- Employees scheduled to work next week should consult with their immediate supervisor.
Please keep in mind that we will be required to make up this missed school day at some point this school year if we are not able to receive a waiver from the California Department of Education. We will provide additional updates regarding these details as we receive them.
We will continue to send additional communications updates to our employees and families as we receive new information.
Thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this week. Enjoy your Thanksgiving Break!