Family and Friends News



Accredited with Exemplary Standing

We are delighted to let you know that Broadmead Care has been awarded ‘Accreditation with Exemplary Standing’ by Accreditation Canada. Accreditation with Exemplary Standing is awarded to an organization that attains the highest level of performance, achieving excellence in meeting the requirements of the accreditation program.

Read more ...

Care Home News

Music and Seniors at Beckley Farm Lodge

Earlier this summer we were approached by Chris Rohrmoser, a host for the UVic radio station, CFUV. He asked if someone from Broadmead Care would be willing to be interviewed for the Notes from the Underground program. Read more

A 'night in India' at Rest Haven Lodge

Rest Haven Lodge hosted their second annual Meaningful Dining experience that brought residents and families together to share a special meal. Read more

It takes a community to build the New Home for Nigel House

We’d like to extend our thanks to Henry Drilling for their support for the New Home for Nigel House. They are the most recent contributors to the fundraising campaign, and we are so grateful for their support, coming alongside many other businesses and community members. It truly is going to take the whole community to bring the vision of a new Nigel House to reality. Read more

Eighteen new Health Care Support Workers for Broadmead Care!

Broadmead Care is very excited to be participating in British Columbia’s Health Career Access Program. The Health Career Access Program is a work experience and education program designed to support new workers who are interested in pursuing a career as a Health Care Worker. Read more

Veterans Health Centre

Awards and Ribbons at the Saanich Fair!

The Saanich Fair – held this year from September 3–5 at the Saanich Fairground – is an annual delight for Victoria area residents, especially after a COVID-19 hiatus!

Veterans Health Centre clients were enthusiastic participants this year, and netted a number of ribbons and prizes for their work. Read more

Introducing ...

Janet Power, Director of Veterans Memorial Lodge

Broadmead Care is pleased to announce that Janet Power joined the team at Veterans Memorial Lodge as Care Home Director in June. A ‘proud Newfoundlander’, Janet is passionate about providing the best in care for seniors. Read more

In the Community

Family Matters


Insights into senior living communities

In honour of National Seniors Day on Oct 1, we're sharing information about senior living communities. Read more

Hand Hygiene 'Olympics'

With cold and flu season fast approaching, and the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, during September staff refocused on hand hygiene by participating in the ‘Hand Hygiene and Infection Prevention and Control Olympics'. Read more

National Truth and Reconciliation Day

On Friday, September 30 Broadmead Care observed the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. September 30 is also Orange Shirt Day, a grassroots campaign founded by Phyllis WebstadRead more

Resident's restored Ford Model-A still brings smiles!

Al Kent lives at Veterans Memorial Lodge He's a lifelong mechanic and car guy, and shared with us the story about restoring his Ford Model A. Read more 

Ideas for visiting

  • Ensure family photo albums are available to browse, or set up a digital photo frame.
  • Bring items to show and tell: “Look what I found,” is a way to start a great conversation!
  • Ask questions about something you have always wanted to know about them and document some of these memories for your family history.

Adjusting to new living arrangements or navigating changes in health can be overwhelming for everyone. Adjusting to new accommodations is usually easier to manage when family and friends know how to help a loved one feel more at home in their new environment. Here are some ideas to help you plan, and enjoy, your visits. Read more


How will you keep your love going?

Broadmead Care is clearly close to your heart. But did you know that you can make a lasting contribution through a gift in your Will? Without using any of the resources you need now, or taking away from loved ones? Even 1% of your estate could result in a truly powerful gift, while still leaving 99% for family and friends.  Read more

Visit our Website

Broadmead Care Society


Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  LinkedIn