February 5, 2023

10 am Worship

Fifth Sunday After the Epiphany

Communion Sunday

Facebook  Web  Email  YouTube
Last Sundays Service

Northmont Calendar

Check out all that is happening by viewing the Northmont Calendar on our new website. If you don't see your meeting or event please contact the office so we can add it to the calendar.

Text Link

End of Year Giving Statements

End of year giving statements where mailed on Jan 31st. If you do not receive your statement by the end of the week please contact Bob by phone or email to obtain a new copy.


The Lazarus Fund Offering, one of the six Presbytery special offerings we collect at Northmont each year, is received during the month of February. The fund, a Pittsburgh Presbytery initiative, started during the economic struggles of 1984, but the need continues today. It makes grants of direct aid available to families in crisis, who are struggling to pay for basic survival needs. 70% of the undesignated funds provide emergency assistance to session sponsored families and the remaining 30% provide economic and employment development assistance. Designated funding supports the Caring Program for Children. The fund has no overhead and is administered through a special committee of the Presbytery. Please consider helping families in need by contributing to the Lazarus Fund. Checks can be made out to Northmont UP church, marked for the Lazarus

Fund. Thank you.

Women’s Bible Study will meet on Tuesday, February 14 at 1:00 in the Berean Room. Melody Hannegan will lead us in Horizons’ Celebrating Sabbath. All women are welcome to attend.

Please contact Jan Baty at 412-427-8476 or at [email protected] with any questions.

Next Youth Group Nights

February 8, 5:00 to 6:30 pm

Check out the all the events by clicking on the banner.

K-5 Night

March 1, 5:00 - 6:30 pm

To see all of the events going on in Children's Ministry click the banner.


Book Group Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng Saturday February 18 at 9:30 am

Pickleball Group — To play, 

contact Lindsey Cunko at [email protected]

Dining-Out Group —Firebirds Monday February 20 at 6:30 pm

Traveling God’s World Group — "Viking River Cruise: Amsterdam to Budapest" Monday February 19 at 7 pm

Get Connected

First Look

Koehler and Phelps Class

Sundays at 8:45 in Mangochi Room

Coffee with Ben

Thursdays at 10 am via Zoom.

No agenda just catch up with friends.

Invitation sent via email.



has been posted between the library and cloak room. Please consider ordering flowers to beautify our sanctuary and to honor loved ones or to commemorate special occasions at the Sunday service you choose.

Please contact Linda Richard to sign up and make arrangements. 

Phone: 412-369-9329

Email: [email protected]

Plea for help: Adult Handbells practice on Thursdays from 4:30-5:30. We are desperately in need of more ringers if we are to continue ringing. If you would like to join us, please contact me at [email protected]. We usually ring once a month. A strong commitment and an ability to read music are needed. We will teach you how to ring if you haven’t. Handbells have been a vital part of Northmont’s music ministry over the years. It would be a shame to see this legacy end. Please consider joining us if you can. 

If you are interested in knowing more about singing in the choir, please contact me at [email protected]. Chancel Choir practices 6:30 - 8:30 most Thursdays and sings for worship throughout the school year. Requirements are a pleasing voice, the ability to read music, and a good sense of humor. 

Outreach Opportunities

Specialized Ministry

Click the picture to learn more about each ministry.