In an effort to keep you and our staff as healthy as possible, we have made the decision to continue offering alternative programming instead of in-person services through April 11 (two additional weeks). This applies to both physical and group exercise therapies.
During this time we will continue to do the following:
- Create additional video content that we will make available at frequent intervals
- Offer weekly Zoom class Meet-Ups to keep you in touch with your PWR!Gym community
- Add weekly live-feed classes via Zoom to programming that mimic your in-person classes, and can even include your classmates working in real time alongside you!
- Add weekly live-feed special programming to include yoga, pilates, Tai Chi, dance, and other specialty classes geared toward helping you have extra fun while practicing social distancing (or "distant socializing", as I prefer)
We would love your feedback on our alternative programming and learn how we can better meet your needs. Please click
to fill out a brief survey.
New Service Available Through Medicare
For those who have Medicare part B as your primary insurance, w
e can also offer you an "E-visit". T
his will be a 15 minute phone call check-in with your physical therapist and is fully covered by Medicare. This type of visit was just approved by CMS (The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) and is specifically approved to prevent decline in mobility and function while you are staying at home during this pandemic.
We also encourage you to take advantage of Wellness Consultations as an adjunct to our online programming to help keep your home exercise plan on track. As an incentive, we are offering your first visit at 50% off if completed by April 10. Discounted prices are $25.00 for a 30 minute visit or $50.00 for a 60 minute visit. In these sessions,
our therapists work one-on-one with you on Facetime or Zoom to help you maximize your home exercise plan by providing:
- Real-time feedback on your exercise performance
- Modification of your exercises to be more or less challenging
- Education on how to improve your overall wellness (nutrition, sleep, stress management etc.)
- Education for care partners on how to help your loved one move better in your home environment
Give us a call at 520-591-5346 to schedule your E-visit and/or Wellness Consultation today!
During this time of increased necessary isolation, having regular feedback from and interaction with from your Parkinson-exercise therapist can mean the difference between staying active or losing ground. Let us be your reason to keep moving!
We are with you in spirit and wish you continued wellness!
Kimberly Peute, COO
Parkinson Wellness Recovery