Dear Friends and Partners,
Hopefully the year-end holiday offered you a pleasant break with family and friends. The days between Christmas and the New Year is always a good time to look back at the past year and recent achievements, and to reflect on visions, long term goals and strategies. I hope you had the time to do some reflecting on yourself, your family, your career, your business.
2019 seems to be starting off with a higher level of volatility. The financial markets have recently been nervous - a reflection of the level of uncertainty and unpredictability around us. Whether it is about rising interest rates or the risk that the extended period of strong capital gains due to the recent booming economy may have reached its peak and may be headed to a turning point. Potential trade war escalations and trade protectionism, political risks, geopolitical moves across the globe, and waves of populism across modern democracies – a long list of risks can make global decision makers nervous. As the probability of an impact on the economy is high, companies, investors and households will need to get more visibility and transparency before making the next large investment decision.
On the other hand, opportunities arise for the courageous and for the calculated risk-taking entrepreneurs. Innovation and technology trends boost change and drive a global repositioning of business plans and market distribution. Entire industries are being disrupted with the fourth industrial revolution and digitalization is profoundly transforming the nature of business across industry sectors. Despite recent attempts on protectionist measures, the markets are becoming global and enterprises large and small are permanently positioning their figures on the global chess board.
For the start of 2019, we have identified a few key topics that will take high priority for international middle market international champions:
- Kick-off the year with a strategic review meeting with your leadership team in order to align core programs and initiatives, as well as your very own corporate risk map.
- Structure follows strategy – is your organization set-up for success and to support strategic plans, and key initiatives? Does your team move at the required pace?
- People, culture, values and leadership excellence – is your organization prepared for change? Do you observe the right sense of urgency in the organization?
- Balanced scorecard will help to break down targets for the entire organization, ensuring synchronized and aligned actions towards critical goals.
- Cost flexibilization and corporate fitness may become essential if the economy turns - avoid waste in the organization and get back to lean and smart operation. Learn about operational and business excellence initiatives – no need to re-invent the wheel. Learn about best in class approaches from industry champions.
- What gets measured gets done - do you have strong controlling and management systems in place to help drive results and continuous improvement? Implement the right controlling tools and data analytics to drive your business decisions.
- Performance management starts with transparency and visualization - eliminate unnecessary reports and build your modern management dashboard.
- The smart factory or factory of the future approach will not only be a key enabler for your competitiveness and performance, but it will be a critical success factor for your talent and HR strategies – if you want to learn why, we will be happy to map out your personalized smart factory roadmap.
2019 is positioned to be fast pace, complex and with a lot of uncertainties. Fortunately, you are not alone. Team-up with your trusted advisors and Altix Consulting to map risks and opportunities, to drive key strategic initiatives, to lead cultural change and people initiatives, as well as optimize your performance. Implement new technologies and innovation to boost productivity, efficiency and competitiveness. We can help you drive at your optimum speed but make sure to stay
always in control
Please contact us today to learn more about how Altix can support your business goals and champion your business.
President and CEO – Altix Consulting Inc.