Dear Ambassador Family,
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) rapidly and radically alters the way we live, Ambassador is prayerfully responding and adapting to these changes with an abiding faith in our great God and a discerning wisdom in how best to love one another and our neighbors in these difficult days. In the midst of much uncertainty and fear, we rest in God’s steadfast and unfailing love (Psalm 13:5-6), and we cast all our cares upon him as the one who knows us and our every need intimately as a loving Father does his children (Matthew 6:25-34).
We are seeking to stay on top of the latest developments in public health and policy recommendations in an effort to do what we can to protect the health and safety of our church family, as well we to care for and contribute to the welfare of others in our community. With that in mind, the Session has taken the following actions.
- We are canceling and/or postponing, all in-person Ambassador services, classes, events, and gatherings until further notice. The church building will remain closed to all except church staff. We will reevaluate weekly and communicate any changes as they are made.
- We will record and stream our Sunday morning worship service online which will be sent out with links ahead of time via email and posted on our website. We encourage you to join in at our regular time Sunday mornings to worship as a church family. We will be sending the weekly prayer journal on Sunday mornings and our mid-week newsletter to keep you informed.
- We are instituting online giving options in order to allow for continued giving of tithes and offerings. Once that is in place, we will send a link with instructions for how to securely give online.
- We will be working on other avenues and opportunities to engage with and minister to one another virtually. We are also exploring opportunities we may have to work together with other churches and organizations in our community to help meet needs arising from this crisis.
- We will be deep cleaning our facilities and encourage all members to heed recommendations of the CDC in taking steps to prevent the spread of this virus.
- Communications will primarily be by email using Constant Contact. Please check to be sure these are coming through on your browser or server. If you have questions, email or call Jennifer at the church office.
We recognize these times may bring questions, anxieties, concerns or needs, so please don’t hesitate to contact Pastor Harvey or the elders as these arise. Our deacons stand ready to assist with material or physical needs you may have, and our staff is eager to serve. We want to encourage you as well to reach out personally to one another via phone, text, FaceTime, Hangouts, Messenger (or your favorite app) for fellowship and encouragement.
As we walk through difficult times of social distancing, isolation, and disruption to daily life, let us remember that our God is a very present help. The Lord is with us, he is our fortress (Psalm 46).
Grace and peace,
Warren C. Harvey
Ambassador Presbyterian Church
1010 Schieffelin Road, Apex, NC 27502