LRCOG News & Updates
Our Mission
"In its dedication to regional excellence, the Lumber River Council of Governments is
proactive in identifying local and regional needs and the resources to address
those needs in an effective and fair manner."
Lumber River Council of Governments' American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act of 2021 Information Hub

Find links to information, other resources, and sample documents
Governor Cooper Releases American Rescue Plan Investment Recommendations
Area Agency on Aging

Nutrition Program

Region N Nutrition Providers continue to serve the older adults in our region during this unprecedented time.
Bladen Division on Aging
LRCOG Area Agency on Aging
(Serving Robeson & Scotland Counties)
Richmond County Aging Services
Senior Services of Hoke County
Lumber River Workforce Development Board
NCWorks Career Center Updates
New Phone and Fax Number-
Hoke County NCWorks Career Center
304 Birch Street, Raeford, NC 28376
Phone- (910) 683-3060        Fax- (910) 683-3067

New Phone Number-
Robeson County NCWorks Career Center                     
289 Corporate Drive, Suite B Lumberton, NC 28358
Phone- (910) 887-6950             Fax- (910) 887 -6974

New Phone Number and Address-
Scotland County NCWorks Career Center                    
16800-A US Hwy 401 Bypass Laurinburg, NC 28352
Phone- (910) 405-5200       Fax- (910) 405-5218
Following New CDC Guidance on Face Coverings, Governor Cooper Lifts Many COVID-19 Restrictions
People in North Carolina ages 12 and up are now eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine

You can find participating vaccine providers at Filter for Pfizer to find locations that have vaccine for people under 18. The Pfizer vaccine is the only vaccine available to those between the ages of 12-17.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Vaccination Dashboard
North Carolina COVID-19 Information Hub
North Carolina’s First Cybercrime Hotline

United Way of North Carolina and the Cybercrime Support Network (CSN) announce the launch of North Carolina’s first cybercrime support and recovery hotline. The new system allows North Carolina residents to dial 2-1-1 to report and find resources to recover from identity theft, financial fraud, cyberstalking, cyberbullying and other cybercrimes. This initiative was made possible through a Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) Victim Assistance Grant that was awarded by The North Carolina Governor’s Crime Commission. Additional support for the project has been provided by the N.C. Department of Information Technology (NCDIT).
Virtual Plat Review Workshop
June 17, 2021 - 1:00 PM.
Local Governments and 2020 Census Data: What to Expect, How to Prepare
May 26, 2021 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM EDT

Know what to expect and how upcoming Census data releases will affect your government. Don't miss this free, online event featuring speakers from the US Census Bureau, sponsored by the North Carolina Office of State Budget and Management.
Free Human Resource Workshop for NC Rural Communities for 2021

June 2, 2021 from 8 AM to 1 PM

SERCAP is offering a virtual HR training course for local government leaders and staff.
Funding Opportunities
The Rural Health Care Program

Provides funding to eligible healthcare providers in rural areas for telecommunications and broadband services necessary for the provision of healthcare.

The Rural Health Care (RHC) Program consists of the:
  • Healthcare Connect Fund (HCF) Program
  • Telecommunications (Telecom) Program
Environmental Enhancement Grant (EEG) program

Program Objectives
The EEG Program offers reimbursement grants for projects that improve North Carolina’s air, water, and land quality by addressing the goals of the Smithfield Agreement.

Apply for a Grant
The North Carolina Department of Justice will soon begin accepting applications for the next cycle of Environmental Enhancement Grants. Completed proposals will be due by Thursday, June 24, 2021, at 11 a.m.

Suggested Read
Coates' Cannon
American Rescue Plan Act of 2021: Funding Updates for NC Local Governments
Authored by: Kara Millonzi
Coates' Cannon
We Don’t Prorate in Our State (Well, Sometimes We Do)
Authored by: Chris McLaughlin

How many taxpayers have asked you this question: “Can I get a partial refund on my property taxes if I sell the property in the middle of the year?” The short answer is normally, “No, we don’t prorate property taxes.” But that’s not the complete answer.

Lumber River Council of Governments | Phone: 910-618-5533 | Fax: 910-521-7556