According to contract No. YH19-001, contractors shall utilize the ASAM 3rd edition assessment
tool when assessing AHCCCS adult members for substance use disorders. This tool is branded
by ASAM as ASAM CONTINUUM® (https://www.asamcontinuum.org/).
Mercy Care, Steward Health Choice and Arizona Complete Health
(in partnership with AHCCCS) will be offering upcoming
sessions on the
AZ WITS Platform and ASAM Continuum Assessment.
The sessions are now available for registration via Relias.
*AHCCCS - AZ WITS Platform and ASAM Continuum Assessment (Train-the-Trainer)
This training will provide users with a detailed understanding of the AZ WITS platform and the ASAM CONTINUUM assessment. The first half of the training is dedicated to the AZ WITS platform led by FEI systems and the second half is led by Dr. Gastfried from ASAM and will provide a detailed walk through of the clinical assessment. Providers, behavioral health technicians and office support staff who will be utilizing the AZ WITS platform for ASAM CONTINUUM assessment access are required to complete this training prior to purchasing AZ WITS ASAM CONTINUUM subscriptions through FEI systems.
To attend this training,
employees must have first attended a course on the ASAM Conceptual Foundation.
- If they have not yet attended, they are welcome to sign-up for an upcoming course at their Health Plan or complete course materials online through https://www.asam.org/.
Sessions (enrollment is available until 9/6/19):
Please look closely at the address before registering.
- 9/10/19 (9a-5pm): Arizona Complete Health – Aetna: 333 E. Wetmore Rd, Tucson AZ 85705 (Yuma Room, 6th Floor)
- 9/11/19 (9a-5pm): Mercy Care – Boys & Girls Club Balsz Center: 4309 E. Belleview St Phoenix, AZ 85008 (Building 14)
- 9/11/19 (9a-5pm): Webex – This session is available for anyone living outside of Maricopa County who is unable to attend the live sessions on 9/10 or 9/12/19
- 9/12/19 (9a-4:30pm): Steward Health Choice – Spectrum: 8 E. Cottonwood St., Cottonwood AZ 86326 (Building A, Community Room)
If you have specific questions, please contact your Health Plan, Workforce Development representative:
As always, don't hesitate to contact your Mercy Care Provider Relations Representative with any questions or comments. You can find this notice and all other provider notices on our
We appreciate your participation in our network and your dedication to the health and welfare of our members and your patients.
Thanks for all you do!