To Our Morgan Hill Business and Development Community,
To encourage more economic activity and to speed recovery from the shelter-in-place orders, the Morgan Hill City Manager and City Attorney have exercised their discretion to ease enforcement of certain City regulations, specifically to allow:
The use of outdoor areas for retail merchandise pickup, and expanded restaurant space
- Enforcement of minimum parking requirements in shopping centers and commercial districts has been suspended.
Commercial and industrial operations to continue with social distancing
- Enforcement of limitations on hours of operation has been suspended - this suspension does not apply to hours of operations for bars and restaurants that serve alcohol.
Further social distancing by extending shift work hours
- Enforcement of construction hours to allow for construction between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m., Monday through Saturday, for certain large construction projects, except in public rights-of-way has been suspended. Home remodels in residential neighborhoods are not included.
Developers to value-engineer approved projects and to modify designs to allow social distancing
- Created streamlined processes to modify design review approvals for projects impacted by COVID-19. Fees for this streamlined process will be waived.
The use of city rights-of-way and other public spaces to expand retail and restaurant operations to allow social distancing
- Created a streamlined process for encroachment permits. Fees for this streamlined process will be waived.
At the June 3rd City Council meeting a complete economic recovery plan will be presented to the City Council for approval. We encourage you to participate in that meeting.