12274 Bandera Rd. #217, Helotes, TX 78023 210-372-9970
To Our Valued Maid Affordable Clients,
As your professional home cleaning service, we wanted to make you aware of what we are doing to protect you and your home from Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We know that having a clean and sanitized home is of the utmost importance to you and it is our highest priority to deliver this service to you in a
safe manner. We have taken several measures to protect you, your home and our employees so that you may have the peace of mind that your home is being disinfected properly according to CDC guidelines.
Here are the exposure reducing measures (recommended by
), that we have taken and you will notice being utilized in the cleaning of your home:
- We have invested hours in educating ourselves and our employees on COVID-19 and are becoming experts in the subject of avoiding & eliminating exposures that exist, as well as the proper cleaning & disinfecting methods.
- We have changed our sick leave policy to allow pay for our employees if they must stay home sick. We don’t want anyone coming to work if they are sick (or have symptoms) but can’t afford to stay home.
- We will “screen” at the door, asking if anyone in your home has had any type of illness that is contagious or yet to be diagnosed or has had even symptoms of illness (including but not limited to cough, shortness of breath and fever). We will ask if anyone in your home has traveled to a known COVID-19 area. We will not clean any known or suspected infected homes and will decline to clean homes that we don’t feel comfortable cleaning.
- We will practice Safe Work Practices and use Personal Protective Equipment including:
Gloves – we wear at least 3 pairs of gloves in each home - changing after cleaning bathrooms, after cleaning the kitchen, and after cleaning the remaining areas of the home.
Masks – we wear masks (as recommended by OSHA for our profession) to prevent from touching our faces while cleaning your home.
Goggles – we wear safety glasses to prevent from touching our faces while cleaning your home.
- We will practice social distancing while cleaning your home. The primary means of transmission is via contact with people; therefore, we will stay at least 6 feet away from you at all times and ask that you and all members of your home do the same.
- We are preventing cross contamination by washing our towels and mop heads in hot water and bleach. We are also using paper towels instead of rags for much of our cleaning. We use fresh, unused towels and 1-2 fresh, clean mop heads in every home.
- Finally, we are using a wonderful disinfecting cleaning products with an “EPA approved emerging viral pathogens claim” that has demonstrated effectiveness against viruses similar to Novel Coronavirus (2019 n-CoV). Our team members are fully trained on the appropriate concentration, application method and contact time for various surfaces. We love these products and are cleaning our own homes with them! If, however, you prefer we use a different household cleaner of yours, please contact our office to provide instructions.
Please remember that this is a community effort. If you or someone in your household are symptomatic or not feeling well, please contact us to cancel and seek medical attention. We will be happy to waive late cancellation fees in an ongoing effort to reduce risk of exposure.
This is an ongoing situation. Please stay informed of any new developments and follow the guidelines and indications our community leaders and government officials are requesting of us. Maid Affordable remains committed to excellence through communication with our customers.
One of the primary disinfectants we are using (amongst others, while available):