In these challenging times, I want to assure our community partners and Rebuild Florida participants of our continued commitment to their recovery from recent disasters as we make their safety and well-being our number one priority. Despite the impact COVID-19 has on our state and those around the world, we remain committed to achieving our mission of helping Floridians recover and rebuild their lives following disasters. Below, you can read a few updates:
- Rebuild Florida remains fully committed to assisting Program participants with their applications or registration. However, for your safety and the safety of our employees, we have closed all Rebuild Florida Centers to the public. Homeowners can still contact the Rebuild Florida Customer Center at 844-833-1010 or their Rebuild Florida Specialist during this time.
- Our team has posted the State Action Plan for Hurricane Michael Recovery for a 30-day public comment period. The deadline to submit public comments is April 10, 2020.
- DEO has issued an Invitation to Bid (ITB) for mobile home manufacturers for the Rebuild Florida Housing Repair and Replacement Program. The application period will end on April 7, 2020.
- We have posted a Substantial Amendment to the Hurricane Irma Action Plan online for public comment. The public comment period will end on April 17, 2020.
- My team has continued to make further progress with the Rebuild Florida Housing Repair and Replacement Program. More than 1,200 award letters have been issued to homeowners impacted by Hurricane Irma totaling over $36.4 million for repairs to their homes.
As we continue to closely monitor COVID-19 and take measures to ensure the safety of our staff and participants, we will keep working hard to help Florida communities recover from past disasters and become more resilient to future disasters.