September 29, 2022
The Standing Committee of the Episcopal Diocese of Ohio has published the candidates for the 12th Bishop of Ohio. The candidates are:
The Rev. Diana L. Wilcox, Rector of Christ Church in Bloomfield and Glen Ridge, NJ, Diocese of Newark
The Rev. Dr. Elaine Ellis Thomas, Rector of All Saints Episcopal Parish, Hoboken, NJ, Diocese of Newark
The Rev. Anne B. Jolly, Rector of St. Gregory’s Episcopal Church, Deerfield, IL, Diocese of Chicago
In addition to the previously posted bios and essay questions, you can now find video introductions and resumes for each candidate on their individual pages (linked above).
The Transition Committee has previously announced solicitation of questions from the diocese from which we will formulate a series of questions that address the issues of interest and concern to you. We have extended the time for the submission of questions.
If you have previously submitted questions, we will be adding any new questions to that list.
Please submit your questions using the Meet & Greet Candidate Questions form. In order for the Meet and Greet committee to organize the questions, we need all questions to be submitted by Friday, October 7, 2022, at 5:00 p.m.
As a reminder; all are invited to attend the public Meet & Greet sessions. Upon arrival, every attendee will be offered the opportunity to write a question on an index card. These cards will be collected and reviewed and given to the moderator, and the moderator will ask as many as time allows. Here once again are the dates and times of the Meet and Greet gatherings. Please plan to attend a session and hear our candidates present themselves.
If you are unable to attend, we will be livestreaming several of the Meet & Greet events. In addition, we will be recording one or more of the events. Links for the Livestream and Recordings will be provided prior to the events.
Public Meet and Greet Dates and Times
- Sunday, October 23 from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. Christ Church, Warren
- Monday, October 24 from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. St. Paul’s Church, Akron (Livestreamed)
- Tuesday, October 25 from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. Grace Church, Mansfield
- Wednesday, October 26 from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. St. Timothy’s Church, Perrysburg
- Thursday, October 27 from 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. Trinity Cathedral, Cleveland and on Zoom (for People of Color)
- Thursday, October 27 from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. Trinity Cathedral, Cleveland (Livestreamed)
Clergy Meet and Greet Dates and Times
- Sunday, October 23 from 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. St. Paul’s., Akron (for Deacons)
- Wednesday, October 26 for 10:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. St. Paul’s Church, Fremont
- Thursday, October 27 from 10:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. St. Barnabas Church, Bay Village (Livestream will be made available for clergy not able to attend in-person)
Meet and Greet Subcommittee
Patty Roberts; Trinity Cathedral, Cleveland, Chair
Peter DiMezza; St. Paul's, Akron
Carol Franklin; Christ Church, Shaker Heights
Richard Pryor; Christ Church, Kent
The Rev. Jessie Dodson; St. Paul's, Cleveland Heights (Chair, Transition Committee)