Dear Mount Baker Council Cub Scouter-
We want to thank you for your interest in Cub Scout Camping, and your patience as we evaluated our program offerings in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. We have updates to the following programs to share.
Cub Scout Pack Resident Camp
Due to shifts in our summer schedule, Cub Scout Resident Camp at Fire Mountain has been cancelled. This popular program will be missed this summer, but never fear; it will return better than ever in 2021!
Cub Scout Day Camp
We have been working hard to develop a program for our Scouts that is high quality, engaging for your Cub Scout, and Safe. After reviewing the Governor’s Safe Start guidelines and with guidance from the local Health Departments involved, we have determined that we cannot offer an
day camp program.
While we aren’t able to provide the traditional Day Camp experience, we have developed an exciting and engaging
multi-day virtual Day Camp program!
Included in this program will be the opportunity for each Scout and a parent/guardian to visit a designated program site to enjoy a Shooting Sports activity.
- Our Shooting Sports Experience is dependent upon reaching Phase 3 of the Safe Start plan.
- Should we not reach Phase 3 in time, we will be scheduling Cub Scout Shooting Sports Days in the fall to complete the program.
This hybrid model will be DIFFERENT from anything we’ve experienced before. We are excited to share this new adventure with you and your Cub Scout.
What can you expect?
- Day Camp will start with a drive-in experience during which each Cub Scout will receive their Camp T-Shirt and supplies customized for their rank.
- During the week, Cub Scouts can attend a mix of short virtual program sessions including: Opening Flag Ceremony, Mid-Day Show and Tell, and Closing Ceremony. We encourage your Scouts to attend these interactive and informative sessions.
- Cub Scouts will complete a variety of craft projects, STEM activities, Cub Scout Adventures, and unique challenges provided by the camp. These activities will be completed at home and adult/family support is recommended.
- Cub Scouts and their parent or guardian will have the chance to travel to our Cub Shooting Ranges to practice their BB Gun and Archery skills – in a small group setting.
- At the end of the week your Cub Scout will receive their Day Camp patch to recognize their participation in the program.
Tentative Schedule for District Day Camps*:
- August 3-7 Pilchuck Day Camp (Harvey Field)
- August 3-7 North Cascades Day Camp (Oak Harbor)
- August 10-14 North Cascades Day Camp (Fire Mountain)
- August 17-21 Salish Sea Day Camp (Location TBD)
*Locations noted represent the Shooting Sports Experience locations.
Registration for this new Day Camp program will be completed on an individual basis, rather than through your Pack coordinator.
Cost will be $75, which covers the day camp patch and t-shirt, program supplies for the week, and the Scout and Parent/Guardian attendance at the Shooting Sports Day.
Any registrations for the original programs will be refunded to the individual who made the original payment. If you paid through your Pack, speak with your Pack Treasurer to receive your refund.