As the spring semester has been an unprecedented one due to the COVID-19 virus, I wanted to update you about our efforts to support the Purchase College community, of which you are an important part.
First, I wanted to start out by thanking those of you who have reached out to my office, your favorite faculty members, and our current students. We appreciate your encouragement during this difficult time.
I’m proud to say that your alma mater has risen to today’s unique challenges in true Purchase fashion— with creativity, flexibility, and resilience.
Some steps taken to safeguard our community:
- Faculty members have done a fantastic job finding creative ways to transform their classes through virtual means such as ZOOM, FaceTime, Skype, Blackboard, group chats etc.
- For many professors it was the first time they had ever taught online.
- Lectures, job fairs, admissions events, academic support, and career services have all been moved online.
- While allowing for international students and those without a home to stay, our staff worked around the clock to move the vast majority of students the weekend of March 20-22.
- For those that remain on campus, we’ve set up new guidelines for safety including changing all dining to take out only, increasing disinfecting, and amplifying social distancing.
- We are currently working with SUNY to calculate refunds or credits on housing, meal plans, and other fees for students who have moved out of the residence halls.
I wanted to let you know that as treasured alumni, you will always be a part of the Purchase College community. Unfortunately, many of you may be suffering at this time. Please know that our Alumni office is here for you.
We will continue to offer career support, networking opportunities, and mentoring for all alumni. Please email us at
and follow us on social media (@purchasealumni
or click the icons below) for more information on upcoming and ongoing resources available to you.
Purchase College, SUNY