The Illinois Arts Council Agency is proud to announce that the Chicago Cultural Accessibility Consortium (CCAC) and the Illinois Cultural Access Network (ICAN) have joined together into a single entity: Cultural Access Collaborative (CAC). This change reflects a shared commitment to all of Illinois, including Chicago. This shift means a shorter name, and a bigger impact.
1. free professional development workshops for cultural administrators,
2. an accessible equipment loan program for Chicago-area theaters and cultural spaces,
3. a calendar of accessible events,
4. community-building across the local region and beyond.
What does this name and mission change mean for Illinois’ Arts Community? As Cultural Access Collaborative’s work grows to include all of Illinois, they are expanding to:
1. engage statewide efforts by adding representation to the steering committee, and hosting professional development programs across the state.
2. a new domain: CulturalAccessCollaborative.org. Beginning January 3, traffic to previous websites will be redirected. You’ll know you’ve landed at the new website when you see the subtly changed logo and revised name.
3. a new extension for email addresses: @CulturalAccessCollab.org. Emails addressed to folks with the former name @ChicagoCulturalAccess.org will still be received.
4. say the full name, Cultural Access Collaborative or Collab, rather than an acronym.
5. an adjusted social media presence of: CulturalAccess. CCAC accounts will be renamed, and ICAN accounts will be deactivated.
Please join the Illinois Arts Council Agency in continuing to support Cultural Access Collaborative as they usher in the next decade with an expanded focus. Together we will create a more accessible and inclusive future for cultural spaces across Chicago, Illinois, and beyond.
Illinois Arts Council Agency