As the backbone, ONE|NB will:
- Shepherd the strategic direction of the work
- Convene and facilitate initiative workgroups, including the Resident Advisory Council
- Ensure coordination with the Central Providence Collabortive/Health Equity Zone
- Determine funding priorities
Our five strategies:
- Affordable housing development
- Expansion of high-quality childcare and Pre-K
- On-ramps to family-sustaining jobs
- Local business supports
- Building community capacity
During the first two years we will share lessons with Rhode Island's HEZ leadership.
A key deliverable for the initiative is a plan to scale success
in Central Providence statewide.
The team will focus these two years to improve economic opportunity for Central Providence residents, and to change policies and systems that have a broad impact for Providence and Rhode Island.