We are very excited to announce that Centerville Public Library will begin offering curbside pick up services starting Wednesday, May 27. Services will be available M-W-F from 10 am - 2 pm,
by appointment only
. To schedule a pick up time, you must call the library at 508-790-6220 on Monday, Wednesday or Friday between 10:00am and 2:00pm.
As of this writing, the statewide delivery between libraries has not resumed services. We expect that to change soon. For the time being, we can only accommodate requests for items found in our library. You may call to request items (starting May 27), or you may place holds on items through the CLAMS online catalog
using your library barcode and pin number. If you are unsure of your PIN number, please contact us and we will respond as soon as possible. If placing holds through the CLAMS online catalog, please remember to select only items that are available at Centerville Library.
Staff members will be taking all required precautions to make sure your items are safe to pick up. Staff will be wearing masks and gloves, and we will be using bags that have been quarantined for the time period recommended by the CDC. All returned items, including books, dvd’s and magazines will be quarantined before they will be put back in circulation.
· If you had materials waiting for you to pick up when we closed on March 16th, or you have made new requests, we will contact you to schedule a time to pick up your items.
· Please wait for staff to call you before coming to the library. We will not fill unscheduled service requests.
· Requests will be filled in the order in which they were received. Because of our reduced schedule, you may need to wait a number of days before receiving your items.
· Once you have made a request, staff will call you to schedule a time frame for you to pick up your items.
· Items will be placed on a table on the patio near the Library entrance in a bag with your name on it. When picking up, please wear a face covering and adhere to safe social distancing protocols.
· Any items not picked up during your scheduled time frame will be removed and rescheduled.
· If you have items to return, they must be placed in the book drop at the side of the building. There will NOT be a bin on the front patio for you to place those items.
We are overjoyed that we can once again provide you with books and other materials. Please keep in mind that the current situation remains fluid and all plans are subject to change. We look forward to opening our doors again when the governor allows, and as we progress toward in-person services, we will keep you updated. Current information will be posted at the library and made available on our website
Thank you to everyone for your ongoing support and dedication to the library. We’ve missed you, and can’t wait to see you all again soon!