President, Jen Martinez
Welcome to the new school year! While this is not the start any of us expected, here we are moving forward together in these unprecedented times.
I know that many of us are still wondering what this school year will look like. We are used to being very busy at this time getting ready for meet the teachers, schedule pick-ups, senior parking space sign-ups, volunteer orientations, faculty and staff welcome back celebrations, and more. While it breaks our hearts that we cannot be together in person, we are looking forward to the day when we can. Until then, we are sending air high five’s, air hugs, and we will continue to engage our members and communities virtually!
As we continue with our mission to support ALL children, please consider the following questions in your planning:
- How do we remain relevant while currently removed from our schools?
- How do we ensure everyone still sees and feels the value of their PTA?
- How are we spearheading our Membership campaigns?
- How can we continue to connect with our immigrant and non-English speaking families?
- How can we ensure that our homeless and unstably housed families are able to participate virtually and be engaged?
- How can we elevate the PTA Student Voice?
- How do we grow future PTA leaders that are reflective of our school and community populations?
- How do we continue to lead with kind hearts when things seem so chaotic?
- How do we ensure our students that need services are receiving them?
These are challenging questions with no easy answers. I look forward to hearing your ideas, plans, and how you will PTA today. I am confident that together, we have the dedication, passion, and resilience to make what seems impossible, possible.
Let us be bold, let’s be courageous, let’s continue to move forward with our out-of-the-box thinking, as we strive to ensure that every child reaches their full potential!
Jennifer "Jen" Martinez
Florida PTA President
A Family of Advocates for ALL Children!