The nomination period is open through February 1, 2023.
Nominees must meet the following criteria and demonstrate service in their fields:
- Must have a connection to Florida (past or present)
- Must be a named inventor on a patent issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- The invention(s) should be significant to society as a whole
- The invention(s) were commercialized, utilized, or led to important innovations
- Must demonstrate leadership and service in respective field
Nominations can be submitted for inventors who are living or deceased. Self-nominations are not accepted.
Florida Inventors Hall of Fame strongly encourages the nomination of inventors from communities that are underrepresented, including women, members of minority groups, and those with disabilities.