We received the following information from Anthem today regarding telehealth and want to make sure you are aware of this:
will post all guidance related to our emergency coverage guidelines
Anthem Provider Covid-19 Homepage
As you can imagine, Anthem is making almost daily changes to address the public health crisis. As such, later today, Anthem will be updating the provider portal with the following:
For 90 days effective March 17, 2020, Anthem will waive member cost shares for telehealth visits for the following physical, occupational and speech therapies for visits coded with Place of Service (POS) “02” and modifier 95 or GT:
- Physical therapy (PT) evaluation codes 97161, 97162, 97163 and 97164
- Occupational (OT) therapy evaluation codes 97165, 97166, 97167 and 97168
- PT/OT treatment codes 97110, 97112, 97530 and 97535
- Speech therapy (ST) evaluation codes 92521, 92522, 92523 and 92524
- ST treatment codes 92507, 92526, 92606 and 92609
PT/OT codes that require equipment and/or direct physical hands-on interaction and therefore are not appropriate via telehealth include: 97010-97028, 97032-97039, 97113-97124, 97139-97150, 97533 and 97537-97546.
Thank you for your membership with APTA Virginia!