ApHC Surveys Now Open
AYA Youth Contests
2021 Handbook Online Now
National & Youth World Sponsorship Opportunities
ApHC SSA Incentive Nominations
ApHC Board of Directors Spring Meeting
2021 Appaloosa Stallion Directory
APPsolute Sires Sale Program
AYF Scholarship Applications
Appaloosa Museum Seeks Raffle Horse
Appaloosa Journal Spring Issue Out Now!
ApHC Member Savings at Office Depot!
Your opinion matters!
The Appaloosa Horse Club is currently conducting two surveys:
2022 National & Youth World Show Survey, CLOSES MARCH 23
- General Membership Survey
We are looking forward to gaining your insight and learning about your preferences, activities, and more! To help us better serve you, help us learn more about you!
The AYA is pleased to sponsor annual art, photography, and essay contests for youth to showcase their artistic talents!
There are three age divisions for the art and photography contests (10 & Under, 11-13, and 14-18) and two age divisions in the essay contest (13 & Under and 14-18). Each category and division will award:
1st Place: $100.00, a year’s subscription to Appaloosa Journal, and recognition in an issue of AJ.
2nd Place: $75.00
3rd Place: $50.00
Entry deadline is May 1, 2021.
Click here for more information, rules, and entry forms!
Let's see what you've got!
The National & Youth World Show in Tulsa, OK, will be here before we know it! Have you considered sponsorship? This is an amazing way to get involved and show your support!
There are options for every need and budget, from a corporate level sponsorship to an arena banner, we've got you covered!
Click here for more information on available opportunities! And be sure to stay on the lookout for the release of online forms with specific show sponsorships in the coming days!
Enjoy a Seamless Registration Process: Guidelines and Reminders
- Photos must be printed on photo quality paper. For quality insurance, we strongly suggest you have them printed at a print shop instead of printing them on a home printer. Photographs are not accepted by e-mail or copies on regular copy paper.
- Photographs must be on photo quality paper and not larger than 4x6 inches (10.2 cm x 15.2 cm).
- Photos should be sharp and clear.
- Please verify that the horse’s markings are all identifiable.
- Include close-ups of all Appaloosa characteristics.
- Include close-ups of small markings such as snips or heel marks.
- Include photos of brands or scars. The whole horse must be visible in the photos, including the ears, hooves, and tail. Don’t cut off your horses head when cropping photos!
2. Name choices: Provide three options. Do not exceed 20 letters and spaces. Punctuation, special characters, numbers, or Roman numerals are not allowed.
3. Sex of foal: Check the appropriate box. If gelded or spayed, list date of surgery.
4. Fees: Use a current registration application or fee schedule to determine fees.
5. Membership: If you aren’t a current year member, include a membership application or non-member fees.
6. Stallion Breeding Report: Check to see that the owner of your foal’s sire has filed a Stallion Breeding Report, and that your mare’s name is listed on the report. Remind owners of non-Appaloosa stallions to file Stallion Reports as well.
7. Listing fees: Be sure the required one-time listing fee has been paid on all non-Appaloosa stallions and mares.
8. Genetic testing: The sire and dam of your foal must have DNA on file with the ApHC. If your foal is to be parentage verified, the foal must also have DNA on file. Contact the ApHC or consult the current Official Handbook of the ApHC regarding DNA, HYPP and other genetic testing requirements.
9. Breeder’s Certificate: For each mare bred, a Breeder’s Certificate must be completed by the stallion owner. Don’t tamper with the signatures or dates of breeding, as this will necessitate a new Breeder’s Certificate being submitted. Breeder’s Certificates which have missing, incorrect or incomplete information will cause delay processing the registration.
10. Signatures: All lines with an “X” must contain proper signatures. Inadequate or omitted signatures will cause a delay in the processing of your registration.
11. Transfers: If the applicant foal is to be registered to anyone other than the breeder, a completed transfer along with the appropriate fee must accompany the application.
Please refer to the Official Handbook of the ApHC for all rules and requirements for ApHC registration or contact the ApHC Registration Dept. at 208-882-5578, ext. 300.
The regular ApHC Board of Directors meeting will be held next month, April 10, 2021. Stay in the loop by following board motions and minutes as information is made available online.
The Appaloosa Pleasure Horse Association is excited to announce the new APPsolute Sires Sale Program. This new program will replace the ApHC SSA program. ApHC SSA current program will run through its expiration.
2021 APPsolute Sires Sale is a BUY NOW sale, currently underway: CLICK HERE!
Great opportunities and discounts for both stallion and mare owners.
APPsolute Sires Program will be offering classes consisting of Halter, Longe Line, Hunter Under Saddle & Western Pleasure with plans to expand the program in the future. We welcome ApHC, AQHA and all other approved ApHC outcross stallions.
For additional information & nomination form contact:
Or you can reach either on Facebook Private Messenger.
APPsolute Sires is managed by the Appaloosa Pleasure Horse Association bringing a fantastic opportunity for all Stallion and Mare Owners. The APPsolute Sires Executive Committee will release the complete program details.
Each year the Appaloosa Youth Foundation awards thousands of dollars to youth who are pursuing higher education.
As many as eight scholarships of $1,000 each and one scholarship of $2,000 may be awarded to high school graduates, upperclassmen and graduate students who are members of the ApHC or are the son or daughter of an ApHC member.
Application deadline is March 31, 2021.
Click here to download an application!
A horse for all reasons... and all members of the family!
Do you share the love of Appaloosas with others in your life? Are you proud of who your child has become because of their experience with horses? Is riding with your sibling one of your favorite activities? Have you become like family with fellow Appaloosa enthusiasts?
We can't wait to see our Appaloosa families! Share your photos with us using the hashtag #AppaloosaFamily with the chance to be featured!
Did you know you can buy an ApHC Family Membership? This is a great deal for the whole family! It saves money and provides awesome benefits. Learn more here.
If you or someone you know would be interested in donating an Appaloosa, we’d love to hear from you! The horse can reside on premises in our exhibit pasture, or not, depending on your preferences and horse's needs.
For your donation, you will receive a tax deduction along with the gratitude of all who appreciate and support the Appaloosa Museum!
Can't donate a horse, but would love to share yours for the summer? Reach out for more information!
Contact Crystal at 208.882.5578 ext. 279
The Spring 2021 issue of Appaloosa Journal is out now! This issue includes coverage from the 2020 World and Youth World Shows, the thrilling story of member Evelien Deelen, a special Appaloosa racing spotlight, and much more!
Make the Journal a part of your adventures and share your photos!
Spring Cleaning Made Easier
Make spring cleaning a breeze and leverage your member savings at the Office Depot to purchase the products you need to sanitize your space and create a healthier environment.
Plus, use the following coupons to maximize your savings and take up to $50 off on your next qualifying delivery order.* Get these deals before they’re gone! Coupons valid through 3/29/21. Exclusions apply, see coupon for details: bit.ly/ODCoupons
Have questions about your Office Depot Savings Program?