Make sure your registration application sails smoothly through the process by following these simple guidelines:
· Photographs must be on photo quality paper and not larger than 4x6 inches (10.2 cm x 15.2 cm).
· Photos should be sharp and clear.
· Please verify that the horse’s markings are all identifiable.
· Include close-ups of all Appaloosa characteristics.
· Include close-ups of small markings such as snips or heel marks.
· Include photos of brands or scars. The whole horse must be visible in the photos, including the ears, hooves, and tail. Don’t cut off your horses head when cropping photos!
2. Name choices: Provide three options. Do not exceed 20 letters and spaces. Punctuation, special characters, numbers, or Roman numerals are not allowed.
3. Sex of foal: Check the appropriate box. If gelded or spayed, list date of surgery.
4. Fees: Use a current registration application or fee schedule to determine fees.
5. Membership: If you aren’t a current year member, include a membership application or non-member fees.
6. Stallion Breeding Report: Check to see that the owner of your foal’s sire has filed a Stallion Breeding Report, and that your mare’s name is listed on the report. Remind owners of non-Appaloosa stallions to file Stallion Reports as well.
7. Listing fees: Be sure the required one-time listing fee has been paid on all non-Appaloosa stallions and mares.
8. Genetic testing: The sire and dam of your foal must have DNA on file with the ApHC. If your foal is to be parentage verified, the foal must also have DNA on file. Contact the ApHC or consult the current Official Handbook of the ApHC regarding DNA, HYPP and other genetic testing requirements.
9. Breeder’s Certificate: For each mare bred, a Breeder’s Certificate must be completed by the stallion owner. Don’t tamper with the signatures or dates of breeding, as this will necessitate a new Breeder’s Certificate being submitted.
A Breeder’s Certificate which has missing, incorrect or incomplete information or missing owner signatures will delay registration processes.
10. Signatures: All lines with an “X” must contain proper signatures. Inadequate or omitted signatures will cause a delay in the processing of your registration.
11. Transfers: If the applicant foal is to be registered to anyone other than the breeder, a completed transfer along with the appropriate fee must accompany the application.
Please refer to the Official Handbook of the ApHC for all rules and requirements for ApHC registration or contact the ApHC Registration Dept. at 208-882-5578, ext. 300. Click Here for Printable forms.