The Apple Valley Chamber has requested a change in temporary signage enforcement with the City of Apple Valley
FOR RESTAURANTS & COFFEE SHOPS ONLY. The City said they are fully understanding of the impact the Governor’s restrictions have immediately had on restaurants & coffee shops and wants to be very flexible. The City at the emergency City Council meeting held yesterday has temporary emergency powers in order to accommodate urgent changes such as this. This applies ONLY to Restaurants and Coffee Shops at this time.
The temporary relaxation of signs states that any Apple Valley restaurant and / or coffee shop is allowed to:
- Temporarily place signage on their own property.
- Message examples are Open, Drive Up Open, Pick Up Only Inside, Drive Through Open, (Drive Thru Open), Curbside Service, Pick Up Area or any similar language as well as the hours of such service.
- Must be within the sidewalk area (or if no sidewalk, not near the curb or on any land which has a city easement).
- The signage must be no larger than 3 ft. X 3 ft., can be sandwich board, a realtor type sign or placed in the ground by hand and may have message on both sides.
- May have 1 sign per entrance but no more than 2 of the above signs total.
- If you have a permanent menu board outside at a drive up, you may also place a few small signs where the cars queue which directs them to visit your website menu to speed ordering.
The City is looking for “thoughtful placement.” The Apple Valley Chamber is very impressed with the City’s flexibility in helping specific industries such as our restaurants and coffee shops who have been hit with almost total closure. We are grateful.
The following are Apple Valley Chamber members who can quickly make any signage for you and all are happy to give you a quote.
If you have any questions about signage, please reach out to Chamber President Ed Kearney at 952-240-6004 or City Planning Director Bruce Nordquist at 952-953-2500.