The city of Rosenberg is accepting applications for appointment to Rosenberg City Council to fill a vacancy due to the recent resignation of Jacob Balderas, Councilor At Large, Position 1. The vacancy to be filled will require the newly-appointed council member to serve until the end of the unexpired term, May 2021.
If you are interested in serving the city of Rosenberg and meet all of the requirements set forth below, please submit a completed application to the office of the City Secretary at City Hall (2110 4th
Street) by Monday, March 15, 2021 at 5 p.m. Applications can be obtained by contacting the City Secretary’s Office at 832-595-3340 or on the City's website
. Applicants will be subject to a background check.
A new council member will be appointed at the regular Rosenberg City Council Meeting on Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.
Interested applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a resident of the city of Rosenberg, Texas for twelve (12) continuous months prior to appointment
- Be a resident of the State of Texas for twelve (12) continuous months prior to appointment
- Be a United States citizen
- Be twenty-one (21) years of age or older on the date of appointment
- Not have a previous determination of mental incompetence by a judgment of a court of competent jurisdiction
- Not have a felony conviction
For more information, please contact the office of the City Secretary at 832-595-3340 or via email at email@example.com