What is Summer Agriculture Institute?
SAI is an exciting three-day, traveling agriculture institute designed to help K-12 teachers infuse their existing curriculum with the depth and real-world relevance that agriculture can bring to classroom learning experiences. Packed with food, tours, and inservice training, this special institute will provide professional development, foster agricultural literacy, and equip teachers with research-based lessons and activities tied to Utah Core Standards. Join us as we tour various locations from Salt Lake City to Logan.
Application and Registration
- A maximum of 35 applicants will be selected
- There is no cost to apply, but upon selection, a registration fee is required
- Registration fee includes roundtrip transportation from Salt Lake City to Logan, meals, and two nights' lodging
- $85 registration fee for a single occupancy room (single rooms are based on availability)
- $40 registration fee for a double occupancy room (you may request a roommate on the application; please keep in mind the request is conditioned on you both being selected)
- USBE relicensure hours are available
- April 15th: SAI applications are due
- April 19th: Selected applicants will be notified, and payment link will be sent out
- May 1st: Registration and payment are due
- May 15th: Applicants who have not paid by this date will be dropped. Applicants on the waitlist will be notified.