The Lay Ecclesial Ministry Institute (LEMI) is a comprehensive formation program for men and women who hold ministry leadership positions in the Diocese of Richmond.
LEMI enables you to:
- Achieve a Master’s degree in Theology or a Certificate of Study.
- Enjoy tuition savings with subsidized rates.
- Enhance your ministerial skills and deepen your spirituality.
- Qualify for Commissioning by His Excellency Bishop Knestout.
- Upon commissioning, receive a cash award and promotion in pay grade.
APPLY TODAY – Application and Reference Forms are Due by April 1, 2021.
Space is limited, so don’t delay. Review important LEMI details and testimonials here. Then share your interest with your pastor as you discern your readiness to apply.
Questions? Contact LEMI Director Bernadette Harris at email@example.com or 804-6225157.
LEMI is open to employee and volunteer leaders in the following roles:
- Directors of Religious Education
- Youth Ministers
- RCIA Coordinators
- Adult Faith Formation Coordinators
- Campus Ministers
- Catholic School Teachers of Religion
LEMI candidates receive formation in four areas: Intellectual, Human, Pastoral, and Spiritual.
These are the same four quadrants that guide the formation of Priests and Permanent Deacons.
Intellectual Formation (theological study) is provided through diocesan partnerships with accredited Catholic Universities. The diocese offers candidates tuition subsidies toward a Master’s degree in theology. Or, candidates can choose to pursue an online Certificate of Study in Catechesis, Youth Ministry or Adult Formation from University of Dayton at reduced rates.
Human, Pastoral and Spiritual Formation is provided by the diocese. LEMI-sponsored workshops and overnight retreats cultivate the knowledge, attitudes and skills needed for candidates to effectively minister in their parish or school setting.