Are you leading a project that addresses climate change?
We want to hear from you!
Today, we opened the call for applications for the
2016 Momentum for Change Awards
. Winning projects, called 'Lighthouse Activities,' highlight innovative, scalable and replicable examples of how people are addressing climate change.
The Momentum for Change Awards, now in their sixth year, will showcase action and ambition
as national governments work toward implementing the historic Paris Agreement.
We are accepting applications from 19 February to 25 April 2016. To learn more and apply, visit our
Who can apply?
Organizations, cities, businesses and governments that are taking concrete action on climate change can apply to have their projects recognized as a 2016 Lighthouse Activity.
Why should you apply?
If your project wins, you'll receive a wide range of benefits, including:
How to apply?
- Attendance to the 2016 UN Climate Change Conference in Marrakech, Morocco (COP 22)
- Access to policy makers and potential funders during the conference
- Public recognition by the UN Climate Change secretariat
- Public relations support and media training
- High-quality promotional videos and podcasts
- Graphic assets such as infographics and professional photography
- A dedicated page about your project on our website
To start a new application,
register in our application portal
. It will take at least an hour to complete an application but you can save your progress at any time and work on it at your convenience. Completed applications must be submitted by 23:59 GMT on Monday, 25 April 2016.