The NJCTS Tim Howard Leadership Academy is an invaluable learning experience for teens with Tourette Syndrome. Over the course of four days, participants attend workshops that provide a deeper understanding of their diagnoses and participate in small group discussions where they share personal triumphs and challenges.
Participants ALWAYS report that they form lasting connections, gain a better understanding of themselves, and walk away with a toolkit that prepares them for a successful future. If this sounds like something in which you would like to take part, please consider the bullet points below.
* Have a diagnosis of Tourette Syndrome from a qualified medical practitioner
* Are comfortable being away from home for four consecutive days
* Are able to sit in a workshop setting for up to an hour at a time
* Are entering sophomore, junior, or senior year of high school or have just completed senior year of high school by June 2019
* Have demonstrated interest in leadership
* Can meaningfully participate in an intensive learning experience with others who live with TS
Admittance is competitive and dependent on all aspects of the application being completed. The first step of the process is to complete the general interest form linked below.