Are you an inspiring speaker with something valuable to pass along to your peers?
From 20–22 February 2020, current and aspiring IABC leaders from around the world will gather at the
(LI) in Austin, Texas, for celebration, networking, and leadership development that can be applied within chapters/regions. They’ll leave with best practices and takeaways that can be implemented locally to enhance member value and strengthen their board, while also gaining valuable leadership skills that can be applied in the workplace and beyond.
IABC is looking for breakout presenters from chapters and regions of all sizes to showcase their strengths and share case studies, leadership expertise, and chapter/region management practices that can be easily implemented in other chapters or regions around the world.
If you’re looking for inspiration, topics that may be valuable for IABC leaders include:
- Volunteer recruitment and engagement strategies that work
- Future-focused professional development
- Fostering a diverse and inclusive community within your chapter
- Engaging millennials and new professionals
- Financial management 101
- Recruitment and retention strategies to grow your chapter
- Case studies of chapter turnarounds
- Governance best practices
- Chapter management for new leaders
- The value of certification at the local level, and how to host an exam
- How your IABC leadership experience has benefited your career
- Growing the IABC brand in your community
- Successful sponsorship and partnership programs
Session proposals are not limited to those topics, and we encourage creativity! You are welcome to submit a proposal for any topic that would be valuable to leaders in our global community.
If you are an engaging and knowledgeable thought leader who wants to share your expertise and practical takeaways with attendees, please
submit an application
for consideration. The LI Program Advisory Committee (PAC) must receive speaker application forms by 11:59 p.m. PT on
15 September 2019
to be considered.
must include a description of your presentation, how your chapter or region benefited from this practice, your bio, and a photo. Co-presenters and panelists are welcome to apply together.
All speakers will receive a complimentary registration for LI, valued at US$199. All applicants will be notified of whether they’ve been selected via email before 31 October.
Registration will open soon for those planning to attend. I look forward to welcoming you to Austin in February!
IABC International Executive Board (IEB) Vice Chair