Arts Council~Haliburton Highlands
April 2018 Newsletter
April 2018 - News, Events, Workshops, Services and more
Thank you to everyone who took the time to submit images for the cover of the 2018 Arts Directory.
We received several excellent submissions, once again demonstrating the high quality of art being produced in the Haliburton Highlands.
Congratulations to Peter Bowers, Matt Mihlik, Lisa Barry on their winning submissions.
for being a new advertiser in our Directory
Brush in Hand
Juried Art Exhibition
|Adult Pottery Plate Night Events
Thurs. April 19th 6:30-9 pm
Friday May 11th 6:30-9 pm
Finn Artists' Center
Summer Classes Module
Registration Online or by phone
What You Get:
-8 weeks of
-1 week to finish, makeup lost time, prepare canvas for exhibition
-If circumstances warrant class times may be changed or added when needed
-Participation in a Gallery Group Show - Opening August 11th 2018
-1-Discounts at selected Art Suppliers
-2-Monday-Studio Day each week without instruction.
The Haliburton Forest Woodshop
Artists in the Schools
The Haliburton & District Lions Club
The Minden & District Lions Club
Rotary Club of Haliburton
Parker Pad & Printing Ltd.
| photo by Jen Posti
You will find information on upcoming events, good news about members and opportunities for artists, performers, writers and organizations.
Tiffany Howe, Sophie Creelman, Noelia Marziali
March 31 - May 20th
Mon. & Tues. 10-12, Boathouse Studio in Carnarvon
$10/class; 905-435-7785; firstname.lastname@example.org
PA Day Heritage Happenings
April 20th, 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Get ready for earth day at the museum with crafts, games and exploration in nature!
ages 6-12; 705-457-2760
Haliburton County Historical Society
Speaker Elva Bates on her father Mr. Fox
April 26th @ 1:30 pm
Aaron Friend Lettner
Feb. 27- April 28th
April 14; 10:00 am -12:00 pm
Plate Night:Pottery for Adults
April 18th; 6:30-9:30 pm
Hand-built Clay Chicken Workshop for kids
April 20; 10:00 am - 12:00pm
Hand-built Pony workshop for kids
April 20; 1-3 pm
Winter Workshop series: Wood Fired Pizza
April 21; 1-3 pm
Winter Workshop Series:Food & Beer pairing
April 21; 1-3 pm
Full Moon Series: Owl Prowl
April 30; 8:30-10:00 pm
Into Africa Speakers Series
Don & Marie Gage, RandyPielsticker & Tammy Rea
Wed. April 11th; 7-9 pm
6712 Gelert Rd. Haliburton
The Art of Maple Syrup: April 4, 7, 12, 14, 18, 19 & 21
Stray Cats: April 6, 20 & 28
Sounds of the Night Owl Prowl
April 7; 8:00 pm-10:00 pm
April 7: The O'Pears -Minden United Church
Tower of Song-House Concert; home of Pat & Barrie Martin
Check out the Dorset Rec Calendar events
I MADE IT!
Student Exhibition and Sale
Saturday April 21st
work and instillations by students in: Artist Blacksmithing, Jewellery, Glass, Digital Image Design Integrated Design and Visual Creative Arts Program.
Cash sales only
For more information contact Erin Lynch at 705 457-1680 x6759
Registration is open and we'd love to have you with us! Over 70 new courses and 21 new instructors will blend with returning favourites in the exciting 2018 summer school program.
Alla Prima - Direct Painting, Aerial Dance - Creative Movement, Sculptural Sheet Metal Forming , Eco Art, Life Drawing & 3D Model Making, and Writing a Novel, to name a few.
The complete calendar is available online. Download it here.
Escape on your own or bring someone along with you - there's something for everyone.
Image: painting by instructor John Climenhage
297 College Dr.,Haliburton, ON K0M 1S0
705-457-1680 or 1-866-353-6464 ext. 3
If you know someone who would like to receive these listings, please have them forward their contact information to: email@example.com and we will put them on the list.
This information is provided to individuals interested in the arts in Haliburton County. Arts Council ~ Haliburton Highlands members may list news, events, funding, competitions, employment and volunteer opportunities, and services related to the arts in Haliburton County. Submission of materials to be distributed should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Publication of materials will be made at the discretion of the editor.
Although every effort is made to ensure that information is accurately presented, the Arts Council shall not be held responsible for any errors or omissions which may occur. Individuals or organizations who submit information are responsible for the accuracy of the information submitted to the Arts Council for publication. If you wish to removed from this mailing list please click on the SafeUnsubscribe link that appears at the bottom of this newsletter.
Benefits of Membership
As a member of the Arts Council~Haliburton Highlands you receive:
What does the Arts Council do on members' behalf?
- FREE listing of your artist/studio/business/organization details in the Arts Council's online Directory and in the annual printed Arts Directory (25,000+ distribution) with your BRONZE level membership.
- Ability to purchase an enhanced listing in the annual Arts Directory (GOLD & SILVER level memberships).
- Exclusive events listing in monthly newsletter e-blast to approximately 1,000 recipients AND free listing of your events on the Arts Council website.
- Participation in promotional material mailing to Ontario Tourism Centres.
- FREE classified ads in monthly newsletter and on the Arts Council website.
- Ability to purchase your own e-blast to the Arts Council's database ($25 + HST per).
- Access to Arts Council credit card program (7.5% fee on sales) and wine glass rental ($4.20 per dozen + HST).
- Participation in the Artists in the Schools program.
- Use of Arts Council Membership logo on your promotional material.
- A vote at the Arts Council Annual General Meeting.
- Opportunity to be a Featured Artist on the Arts Council web site.
- Access to the Haliburton School of the Arts extensive resource library.
- Paid opportunities to participate/exhibit at Arts Council-sponsored community events.
- Compiles information for members about funding, resources, competitions, requests for proposals for artists and arts organizations and businesses.
- Acts a voice for arts, culture and heritage in Haliburton County. The Arts Council has representation on the Haliburton County Tourism Coalition and is involved in provincial and national arts organizations.
- Provides an information service to the public about the services, skills and products provided by members of the Arts Council. The Arts Council responds to requests for information by the public received by phone, mail or e-mail.
- Facilitates business-to-business connections among Arts Council members
- Collaborates with other organizations to promote the arts, culture and heritage.
If you are interested in donating to the Artists in the Schools program, donors receive a charitable tax receipt. Cheques can be made out to the Friends of the Arts in Haliburton Highlands and mailed to PO Box 931, Haliburton ON K0M 1S0. Alternatively, you may donate via PayPal.