CAN HELP YOU
We Have Two Funds from Which We Assist Congregants with Needs:
- The Pastoral Care Team (PCT) administers the PCT Food Support Fund to help church members and friends who need a few meals during a time of illness, loss, or overwhelm. Please contact the PCT: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (559) 322-6146 Ext. 16.
- Rev. Tim manages the We Care Fund to help with a range of other financial needs for church members and friends, including utility payments, medical supplies, gas money, etc. Please contact Rev.
We Can Help with Grocery Shopping:
- The Pastoral Care Team (PCT) can provide personal shoppers for grocery and dry goods delivery. They can also provide resources to on-line ordering. Please contact your PCT: Email: email@example.com 0000000000 Phone: (559) 322-6146 Ext. 16.
In this time of uncertainty and job loss, we anticipate that the need for the
PCT Food and Rides Fund
We Care Fund
will be far greater than usual. If you are able to contribute either or both funds, please use:
- Check (send to 2672 E Alluvial Ave, Fresno, CA 93720) or your bank’s Electronic Transfer (remember to designate which fund you wish to support).
- Cash App ($uufresno)
- Credit card (through our church web site (www.uufresno.org, click on GIVING)
- Text contribution amount to 855-497-7462.
- Call the church office: (559) 322-6146 Ext. 11.
If you would like to
volunteer to shop for congregants
who are sheltering in place:
If you wish to help those
beyond the congregation
we recommend the following:
- The San Joaquin Valley Health Fund COVID-19 Response Cluster, created by the Sierra Health Foundation (a trusted statewide philanthropic foundation), to give emergency grants to organizations in the Central Valley providing direct assistance to vulnerable families needing essential supplies, food, rent, utilities, etc. https://www.sierrahealth.org/donate4sjv
- Support local food pantries, including:
- Food pantries at Valley Children’s Hospital and Wesley Methodist Church.
- Central California Food Bank https://ccfoodbank.org/get-involved/covid19/
- Bulldog Food Pantry: https://thebulldogpantry.org/about/
- Contact Andy Levine and he can connect you directly with a local family in need or act as an intermediary so you can offer financial support. Andy Levine is a leader with Faith in Fresno, a good friend of the church, and a trusted social justice advocate in the larger community. You can email Andy at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Unitarian Universalist Association’s COVID-19 Pandemic Response is working alongside our congregations, and supporting our UU religious professionals and administrative staff, who are tirelessly leading our communities through the COVID-19 pandemic. Please donate today. The impact is widespread, but some will be hit harder than others. Financial gifts allow our larger UU faith community to financially support those religious professionals and communities for whom the pandemic will create the greatest need. Grants will be awarded via the Disaster Relief Fund to congregations and UU entities partnering with local organizations to provide assistance in their community to people who are at significant risk to health and livelihood because of COVID-19. Grants to meet the extraordinary financial needs of ministers, religious professionals, and congregational staff impacted by COVID-19 will be disbursed through the Living Tradition Fund.