Owls Care is (virtually) open for students! In an effort to support our students, we have moved many of our services online. We still offer one-on-one consultations to improve personal wellness as well as some ongoing and new virtual programs. See below for a list of programs available to students during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Healthy Lifestyle: During a healthy lifestyle consultation, students will assess their current lifestyle, clarify their health goals and learn strategies for successful behavior change. These consultations encourage students to begin where they are and explore small changes that they can make to create healthy, sustainable habits for long-term health. This is done over the course of 2 appointments.
- Stress Management: Students can learn various stress management techniques with professional guidance. Sessions involve recommendations for technology, troubleshooting, tips, and setting a realistic and attainable goal for stress management. This is done over the course of 3 appointments.
- Brief Alcohol Screening & Intervention for College Students (BASICS): This is for students who want to explore their alcohol use in a judgement-free environment. It takes two sessions, typically 2 weeks apart, to complete the BASICS program.
- Cannabis Screening & Intervention for College Students (CASICS): is a program for students who want to explore their cannabis use in a judgement-free environment. It takes two sessions, typically 2 weeks apart, to complete the CASICS program.
- eCheck-Up To Go Alcohol: An interactive web survey that allows you to enter information about your drinking patterns and receive feedback about your use of alcohol. The assessment takes about 10 minutes to complete, is self-guided, and requires no face-to-face contact time with a counselor or administrator. Optional follow-up consultation available by appointment.
- eCheck-Up To Go Cannabis: An interactive web survey that is a brief marijuana-specific assessment and feedback tool. It provides you with insight about your marijuana behavior and risk factors. The assessment takes about 10 minutes and is self-guided making it quick, confidential, and flexible to your schedule. Optional follow-up consultation available by appointment.
Join us for our weekly women and gender discussion on Instagram Live! Each week we will discuss a new topic that is related to how gender impacts our everyday lives. Follow us @fauowlscare every Tuesday at 3pm.
Virtual Hoot Loot: Instagram (@fauowlscare); Facebook (FAU Owls Care Health Promotion); Twitter (fauwe
What is it?
Hoot Loot is our office currency that students can earn from attending events and can use them to buy useful wellness items. Some examples of items in our catalog include resistance bands, water bottles, t-shirts, lunch boxes, art supplies, etc. Students can visit the link (linktr.ee/ochpwellness) to access our online Hoot Loot catalog. Link is also available through our social media. Students can get an automatic $5 when they sign up ahead of time at the same link. Please note that Hoot Loot is not legal USD currency.
How to get it
: Opportunities to earn Hoot Loot will be available at varying times of the week. Students simply have to engage with a social media live event (i.e. Instagram Live) or complete a challenge posted on our social media. All challenges and events help students to improve and maintain their wellness.
How to redeem
: Students simply visit the link again and indicate they are ready to redeem their Hoot Loot. They can then choose from the catalog what they would like and it will be shipped directly to them.