Rx Partnership's Continuity of Operations
Not only is Rx Partnership continuing our vital work providing medication to clinics and patients
without any interruption
in services but we're also creating new methods and programs to ensure patients have the medications they need during this difficult time.
Rx Partnership's response includes:
- Creating sustainable work processes to ensure RxP staff is still efficiently and effectively working on strategic priorities and goals;
- Extending the patient eligibility time frame by 3 months for RxP medications, which not only avoids risking exposure, but also prevents both patients and clinics from spending unnecessary time on paperwork;
- Providing timely and critical information to clinics by serving as a resource and informing them of new protocols that can protect both clinic staff and patients;
- Advising clinics as they complete eligibility for new patients;
- Actively fundraising for special emergency COVID-19 response dollars; and
- Launching a new program to deliver prescriptions directly to patients' homes.
How Our Clinics Are Responding to the Crisis
Clinics have also had to adapt to the new COVID-19 environment while still serving the needs of of their patients. Some of the new procedures that clinics have implemented include: telemedicine, triaging patients over the phone, bringing medications out to the parking lot so the patient doesn't have to leave their car, new drive-up pharmacy delivery windows and other drive-through/curbside prescription pick-up methods.
Rx Partnership would like to thank our clinic partners for their hard work and continued commitment serving Virginia's most vulnerable.