Here is some of the Covid 19 Vaccination feedback we have received thus far from Individuals with SCD! We will keep you updated as we receive more responses from the above surveys: (If you have not completed one of the surveys please do!)
Responses from individuals with SCD that were fully vaccinated:
· Each time I received the shot I was met with minimal cold like symptoms afterwards. One thing I did experience was a lot of fatigue and some body pain for a while, but it began to ease as the weeks went by. All in all, I'm glad I decided to get the vaccine!
· After the first dose I was fine no side effects at all. The second dose I had a lot of the side effects (headache, chills, and nausea).
· My arm was very sore.
· Overall good experience. Only experienced mild muscle pain at the injection site but it subsided in 24 hours.
· Some side effects experienced the day after the vaccine lasting 3 days. Side effects I experienced was exhaustion the 1st day after the vaccine. Some diarrhea the second day with general tiredness the second and third days. A little tenderness at the injection site the day after the vaccine. Overall not bad at all. Plan time for rest.
· No problems with both of the injections
· My arm was a little sore for the first shot and when I got the second one I had like a 24hr bug but the next day I was ok
· 1st dose: Fatigue 2nd dose: No noticeable side effects
Responses from individuals with SCD that received first dose and are awaiting the second dose:
· I have only taken the dose so far. I just had sore arms and felt dizzy for a little bit. But after taking Tylenol I felt fine. My 2nd dose is in 3 weeks
· My first shot was typical as any other vaccination shot that I have received that left my arm sore for a few days and I will receive my second shot on Easter.
· I was nervous about getting the shot but I did it and the area was tender the day/night. It is fine now. Awaiting #2 soon.
*Disclaimer this information is not intended to be medical advice but are real experiences from individuals with Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) for your informational purposes only. Remember it is your decision and please always be sure to consult with your medical provider for medical advice.