April 4, 2019 | 11:00am - 12:00pm (PST)
About the Presenter:
Io Dolka is passionate about helping people obtain an accurate diagnosis and manage their complex conditions. Her drive can be traced back to her own decade-long medical struggles, going from health to bed-ridden sickness and back. A pioneer in the advocacy industry, she is the Founder and Chief Care Advocate of GreyZone, LLC., co-founder and past Executive Director of WASHAA, and an active member of the Society to Improve Diagnosis in Medicine, Patient Engagement Committee.
- Recognize when to seek a 2nd opinion
- Explain the steps needed to obtain one
- Discuss approaches to identifying the right 2nd opinion provider(s)
- Identify ways to use the 2nd opinion for better care
Continuing Education Information:
- This program has been approved for 1 CEUs by the NASW Washington State Chapter for Licensed Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors are eligible. Provider number is #1975-343.
- This program complies with WSNA for Continuing Nursing Education for individuals whose professional practice is in the field of gerontology.
- This program complies with DOH WAC 246-843-130 for continuing education for Nursing Home Administrators
- This program complies with DOH WAC 246-809-610 for continuing education for Licensed Mental Health Counselors
NOTICE OF CONTINUING EDUCATION APPROVAL-18008
WASHAA Webinar, "Second Opinion: When, Why and How to Obtain One" is approved for 1 CE by the Patient Advocate Certification Board to satisfy the requirements for Board Certified Patient Advocates (BCPA).