As we inch closer to the 2018 summer season, The Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association is taking a series of steps to better understand the economic impacts of the 2017 spring and summer season that was so heavily impacted by flooding and wildfires. After the wildfires had subsided, TOTA took immediate steps to invigorate tourism marketing efforts throughout the region with both fall and winter campaigns and is currently launching a spring campaign to further enhance marketing efforts to our region.
TOTA is asking for your help to fill out this 5-7 minute survey which will provide valuable information to:
- Accurately reflect the economic impacts of the 2017 wildfires on the tourism industry in the TOTA region
- Assist in the creation of a legacy plan that will support mitigation measures in future natural disaster situations
- Help direct marketing efforts
- Provide key information to assist in managing media communications and messaging
- Assist in informing government decisions
Strong participation is critical to ensuring that the economic estimates are accurate and planning insights reflect member views.
As an added incentive to filling out the survey, we will be awarding a $200 Air Canada Voucher to one lucky winner. Only those who complete the survey will be eligible to win the voucher.
Click the link below to complete the survey: