Could you lend us a hand?
As we grow, LWR CERT is in need of additional members to help in various capacities. Some roles are one-time, others ongoing. Some are 1-2 hours a month, others are a bit more involved.
Check out the current volunteer needs below and
let us know
if you are able to spend a few more hours helping make LWR CERT an even better organization. Most roles are work-from-home or at meetings at or near LWR Town Hall.
- one-time commitment, Saturday, June 1 from 9 - 10:30 AM helping distribute Team Kits.
- help write and create the monthly newsletter and member event notification emails using Constant Contact, an easy-online tool. No experience necessary. Training provided. You can do this from the comfort of your home, whenever you have time. Great way to stay in touch with what's going on!
- join this team and help create and run a simulated hurricane event here in LWR. Roles include designing an after-event survey, stuffing team packets, and collecting team packets after the event. If you choose to help with this, you'll be one of the first to find out when the simulated event will take place.
review current LWR CERT brochures and handouts and offer suggestions for how they can be improved. No PR, writing, or graphic experience necessary just a desire to help us communicate better.
HAM radio operators are needed. Help locate and recruit HAMs or, better yet, train to become a HAM yourself!
- help us get the word out about LWR CERT at new resident orientation sessions, local expos, HOA and neighborhood meetings, and at other events. A smiling personality and enthusiasm for LWR CERT and our mission are a plus!
- Ongoing administrative help is needed to keep this busy committee organized. Someone who is detail oriented who can help coordinate our trainers, order and organize handouts, and work with Town Hall for room set ups would be ideal. Event planning experience a plus, but certainly not necessary.
- attend LWR CERT events and document our successes through photography. Photos will be used in collateral materials, online marketing, and sent to area media outlets. Great opportunity to build your portfolio; photo credit can be provided.
- We're building a new committee that will determine the future of our organization. Join us as we create a better way to engage our 200+ member volunteers.
Community Involvement -
This team is working to learn what LWR CERT members can do to help community members impacted by disasters. This will involve helping those in the greater Lakewood Ranch area, not just in your neighborhood, and coordinating with other organizations.
Ad Hoc Member Focus Group
Go ahead. Tell us what you think. This Focus Group will meet periodically throughout the year as committees and the Board have ideas they want to bounce off of our members. If you have an opinion, this might be the perfect position for you!