The Vilcek Foundation will award prizes to young foreign-born biomedical scientists who demonstrate outstanding early achievement. Eligible work may be in basic, applied, and/or translational biomedical science.
- Applicant must have been born outside the United States;
- Applicant must be born on or after January 1, 1981;
- Applicant must: be a naturalized citizen or permanent resident (green card holder) of the United States; be a holder of an H1B or O-1 visa and have been living and working in the United States for at least 5 years; or have been granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA);
- Applicant must have earned a doctoral degree (MD, PhD, or equivalent);
- Applicant must hold a full-time position at an academic institution or other organization. Eligible positions include the following: assistant or associate professor, or equivalent independent position. The applicant must be directly responsible for the design and execution of the work submitted for consideration. Graduate students and postdoctoral fellows working under the supervision of a mentor are not eligible;
- Applicant must intend to pursue a professional career in the United States;
- Applicant must not be a past winner of the Vilcek Prizes for Creative Promise.
Full Proposal Due – June 10, 2019 at 5:00 PM (Eastern)