Recipe: Apple Pork Chop Bake
4 to 6 boneless Pork Chops
3 apples, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup Butter
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 tablespoon Corn Starch (optional)
Salt and Ground Pepper, to taste
Minced Rosemary for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Put sliced apples in the bottom of a large baking dish and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Put pork chops on top of the apple slices and season with salt and pepper.
- In a pan over medium-high heat, combine the butter and brown sugar. Whisk until melted, then stir in the remaining cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Whisk in the corn starch, if using. Corn starch is only necessary if you want a thicker glaze.
- Pour the mixture over the pork chops and apple slices, then bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the pork chops are cooked to the desired doneness.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with rosemary.