In this edition of Liz on Leadership:
- Are You Going Too Fast? Here’s What Your Score Really Means
- Exclusive Opportunity! Slow Down to Speed UpTM CEO Community of Peers
- Latest Podcasts: Slow Down to Speed Up, Get Better Outcomes
- Life Science Leader: Dr. Liz on Leadership
Are You Going Too Fast?
Here's What Your Score Really Means
Did you take a pause to check your own speedometer using my diagnostic tool last month? Find out what your results mean with the score key below.
If you didn't get a chance to complete the test last month, you can find it
Interpreting Your Score
55-75 - You’re moving at the perfect pace.
- Impressive! You are moving at the ideal speed and efficiency for stellar results and sustained success. You’re positioned to thrive. You are doing the right things and making strategic decisions. Take time to teach others on your team and across the organization.
45-54 - Ease off the gas pedal.
- You’re well on your way to a solid command of the approach needed for greater impact and sustainable success. Pay attention to items with a score of 1 or 2. These are the places where you will benefit most from careful application of the tools in my book. Be sure to implement them deliberately and consistently. You will soon reap the benefits. So will your team, business partners, customers, and entire organization.
5-44 - Slow down before you crash!
- You’re in need of a speed intervention before you suffer a head-on collision. You’ve got to hit the brakes, take a deep breath, and start actively implementing the tools laid out in my book. It’s not too late to slow down to speed up!
I’ve been having a great time teaching my clients how to
Slow Down to Speed Up
™ in 2018 — helping them to achieve better, faster, more sustainable results while avoiding costly errors and missed opportunities.
Contact me at
to explore ways I can help you and your organization accelerate, innovate, lead the market, and thrive in the new year!
Slow Down to Speed Up
CEO Community of Peers
My Community of Peers is comprised of top-tier executives who are ready to rapidly advance their business and life goals.
To ensure the right level of discussion, all participants hold leadership responsibility for businesses of at least $500M/year annual revenue or lead smaller, fast-growing and innovative organizations. I carefully consider all applications and nominations; I will place accepted new members into groups based on my assessment of best fit. I restrict group sizes to a maximum of 12.
Based on over 20 years’ experience advising top-level Fortune 50 executives, and grounded in my latest thought leadership, my CEO Community of Peers provides an intensive, one-of-a-kind peer experience. As part of my boutique CEO community, you will participate in 4 CEO Summits at luxury venues such as the Four Seasons Miami, Peninsula NYC, and Ritz Carlton Montreal. These relaxing yet high impact leadership sessions will provide you with a strategic pause from the daily busyness of running a business.
They are the ideal opportunity to:
- address common challenges: changing market conditions, tax reform, pricing and regulatory challenges, talent and succession needs, building your A-team, instilling a culture of accountability, dealing with “the Amazon effect” and more.
- identify new opportunities to lead in the marketplace.
- grow your network of top-tier leaders.
- talk freely and confidentially about your most pressing challenges.
- discover new approaches and “best practices” to drive faster, better results.
- enjoy a relaxing, collegial, and confidential atmosphere and top-flight accommodations.
- discuss what’s most important to you!
To ensure each session is of the highest value and customized to the group’s objectives, I will solicit agenda topics prior to each session. You will receive pre-session activities to maximize benefit.
- 4 dynamic CEO Peer Community Summits.
- Pre-session group dinner at first-rate restaurants.
- A quarterly call with me, to discuss your top challenges and opportunities, review key takeaways, and turn insight into action.
- Regular written / video / audio “Letter from Liz” exclusively for this group.
- Unparalleled peer relationships that will grow throughout the year — and can easily last a lifetime.
Return on Investment:
I’ve created this offering for top executives who 1) appreciate the value of Slowing Down to Speed Up, 2) recognize the power of a small group of peers to raise the bar for all, and 3) are ready to act on the extraordinary opportunities they present. At this level, accelerating execution
or making just one better decision
can have dramatic value. Imagine that multiplied over the course of a year!
Outstanding candidates have a successful track record as a business leader, are at the CEO/President/GM level, are thoughtful, open, and ready to share and learn.
Acceptance into this exclusive community on or before
provides access to a 10% discount. May be combined with 10% discount for each successful nomination of additional participants.
For more details about this exceptional opportunity, to apply for membership, or to make nominations,
contact me directly at
email me at
Check Out My Latest Podcasts
Slow Down to Speed Up:
Lead, Succeed, and Thrive in a 24/7 World
My new book is
LIVE on Amazon
! Order before March 31 to receive a 10% discount.
Check it out
to discover a host of real-world examples, practical tools, and immediately actionable advice to help you and your organization thrive in today’s fast-paced world.
Here's a glimpse:
"I’ve seen it time and time again. Executives, teams, and organizations that move too quickly often pay a price. But those who learn to slow down to develop a more thoughtful path forward usually succeed.
When leaders learn to pause and reflect before acting, they make better decisions, achieve faster results, and avert the kind of mistakes that take precious time, energy, and political capital to correct. Slowing the pace, paradoxically enough, is the most direct and fruitful path to stellar outcomes, exemplary leadership, personal accomplishment, and a thriving organization."
articles, podcasts, videos & more at the all-new
Life Science Leader: Dr. Liz on Leadership
Dr. Liz Bywater has been called a one-of-a-kind leadership expert. Working at the intersection of business and psychology, she brings together pragmatic experience, advising top executives across the Fortune 500, with an advanced degree in Psychology and a dynamic personal style to inspire, engage and counsel her clients.
For more than a decade, top global organizations have requested Liz’s help in resolving issues such as creating extraordinary client relationships, increasing market persuasion, and driving productive collaborations in an increasingly complex world.
Liz advises senior leaders at some of the world’s most successful companies, including Johnson & Johnson, Nike, Thomson Reuters, Bristol-Myers Squibb, AmerisourceBergen and more. She uses her expertise in human behavior to drive commercial success. She helps her clients propel innovation, exert influence and lead their organizations through change.
A thought leader in organizational excellence, Liz provides expert commentary for such publications as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Fast Company and USA Today. She sits on the editorial advisory board for
Life Science Leader
magazine and has been a featured expert on such radio broadcasts as CBS Philadelphia's
Liz earned her PhD in Psychology at the Derner Institute for Advanced Psychological Studies at Adelphi University. Her undergraduate degree is from Cornell University, where she graduated Phi Beta Kappa and Cum Laude. She is a longstanding member of the American Psychological Association and the Society for the Advancement of Consulting. She is also a 2018 inductee into the
Million Dollar Consultant Hall of Fame.
Liz Bywater, PhD