|The Natural Life vs. the Medical Life|
As a patient or as a past patient you are unique in this country. You have had the opportunity to experience the power of natural health care. You probably took it for granted in some fashion, thinking that many or most chose or would choose this direction. But the reality is that they don't. You may even think that our country is moving in that direction. The facts are that 86 to 92% of consumers do not visit natural alternative doctors.
According to the results of a study published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health statistics in Sept. 2011, the percentage of Americans on prescription drugs in a given month were at 47.2%. It is likely that 2012 will be the first year in our nation's history that more than half of the population will be on some kind of prescription drug.
4 years ago, the data stated that:
- 20.8% of all people are on three or more prescription drugs
- 11% of all people are on five or more prescription drugs
- 25.3% of children and teens (under 18) are on at least one prescription drug
- 52.4% of all women are on at least one prescription drug
- 90.1% of seniors (ages 65 and older) are on at least one prescription drug
- 65% of seniors are on three or more prescription drugs
- 36.7% of seniors are on five or more prescription drugs
- 10.8% of all Americans of ages 12 and older are taking antidepressants
- 22.8% of mothers between 40-59 are taking antidepressants
The end result is side effects which cause additional ailments, and then more drugs are generally prescribed to offset the complications of the side effects. It is obvious that our country is being lead down a path of dependency upon pharmaceuticals.
The list of symptoms that I see from patients on medications is unbelievable. Such conditions as fatty infiltration and degeneration of muscles; tendons which inflame or tear; hormone imbalances; immunological failure resulting in multiple colds, flus, ear infections; slow weight gain and fatigue; out of control inflammation like skin rashes; neurological conditions; emotional symptoms like depression, hopelessness, disassociation; gout and other acid conditions.
Basically, drugs are obviously not the answer. Seeking wellness through proper diet, exercise, supplements, and regular treatments is the real answer.
With 35 years as a doctor of chiropractic and 45 years as a nutritionist, I have the knowledge and experience to keep you maintaining your health and longevity. Don't become a statistic of the pharmaceutical industry. My qualified staff and I are here waiting to serve you.
Sincerely,Dr. Edward Wagner D.C