Attention All Boaters!
Registration is still open for the US Sailing Safety-at-Sea Offshore Certificate seminar at Lakewood Yacht Club April 14th.
Don't miss the April 1st registration deadline.
All boaters are welcome. The course will cover a broad range of safety-at-sea subjects such as
needed to prepare you for a safe offshore experience whether you're a sailor, racer, daycruiser or powerboater.
- US Sailing Offshore Certificate track limited to 80 participants that includes:
- STC instructional videos
- An opening session addressing on-the-water leadership skills
- Heavy weather sailing techniques
- Search and rescue/communications
- Storm sails
- Man overboard and MOB prevention
- Firefighting and pyrotechnics (observed)
- In-water survival – PFDs and life rafts (observed)
The $95 entry fee provides participants access to preclass training via the Storm Trysail's educational video library produced by long-time Storm Trysail Club member Gary Jobsen. On April 14, participants will engage in classroom instruction followed by observation of the hand-on firefighting and pyrotechnics as well as in-the-water survival techniques.
This Storm Trysail SAS Foundation Seminar is being offered to Texas and Gulf Coast area sailors with the support of
Houston Yacht Club
Galveston Bay Cruising Association
and will be hosted at Lakewood Yacht Club.