We want to assure our families that IGM Gymnastics is taking every measure and precaution necessary to keep your child and family safe during these uncertain times.
IGM is practicing all measures set forth for gyms by the CDC and at times, going at step further. With our extensive mitigation routines, coupled with our state-of-the-art air purification & exchange system, our facility is safe for your child. We are so confident that many of us have children who are participating in classes here at the gym.
Our COVID-19 plans are shared on our website . However, here are the highlights of our mitigation routines:
• Staff follows illness policy including temperature checks and 24 hour wellness standard
• Staff washes/sanitizes hands prior at regular intervals.
• Staff has limited direct physical contact with children (spotting is limited to necessity for all groups).
• Staff have been diligently trained on procedures and prepared to enforce any distancing protocols.
• Staff adheres to PPE requirements set by the MN Dept. of Health when they are within a 6ft distance of gymnast
• Recommended products that are effective against Covid-19 are used throughout each day.
• Doors are propped open. Door handles are wiped and cleaned after use.
• Hand Sanitizer stations throughout building accessible and monitored for refill.
• Drop Off/Pick Up encouraged; No more than 1 adult per recreational athlete in building. Team gymnasts should be drop off only. Masks are encouraged to be worn by the adults in the building.
• Touchless temperature check of all people entering the building; anyone who appears ill or who have a temp over 99.5 is sent home.
• Everyone is required to sanitize/wash hands upon entering gym. Athletes are required to wash again prior to beginning practice.
• Everyone will use the designated entrance to the building to control traffic flow.
• Athletes and parents use separate entrance and exit to control physical distancing and traffic flow.
• Lobby does not have seating, tables or coffee. Occupancy will be limited and monitored to comply with MDH guidelines. Parents that feel the need to stay and view will be told where to stand to control distancing and flow.
• Athletes are supervised as they sanitize/wash hands as required. We remind athletes of handwashing/sanitizing
• Lesson plans are modified to omit partner activities.
• Lesson plans are modified to limit use of props. Any props are sanitized after each individual student’s use.
• Stations and activities are modified to allow safe distance between athletes.
• Porous surfaces in the gym such as bean bags or pit blocks have been temporarily taken out of use
• Equipment is sanitized in between team rotations
• Employees disinfect/sanitize all areas immediately following each class/rotation