Here is a list of where to put donation items that come in during the day. It helps if you put these items in the correct spot so they don't have to be moved multiple times. (This list can also be referenced in the Communication Binder.)
1. Due to the sensitivities of our patients/guests we do not accept used toys and clothing. If it is awkward to refuse, just thank them and put the items in a box or trash bag in the office and label it "Goodwill". A volunteer will then drop them off.
2. We do accept "collections" of like new items that have only been on display shelves. (Examples: beanie babies, Boyd's bears, collector cars.) These should be placed outside the basement cage where the Santa Shop items are stored. Beanie babies are used in the red treasure chest in the office for our smallest guests.
3. Bottled water, coffee, sugar packets, coffee stir sticks, and creamer all go to Dona's Pantry. Please do not take them to the basement.
4. All other packaged grocery items go on the large table in the center of the basement. Ready to eat donations such as bagels, fresh baked cookies, etc. can be divided between the two kitchens.
5. Paper products are shelved in the basement. (Far right back corner).
6. Blankets for the rooms go downstairs on the first row of shelves on the right. Blankets made for guests by service groups (usually fringed and tied) go just outside the cage.
7. Brand new toys and new clothing go just outside the cage.
8. Hotel toiletries go to the round table and will need to be sorted into the correct bins.
9. Books should be placed in the GSA Apartment.
10. Please do not allow people to put items in the free box. Explain that we record all donations for later use. If you have free time on your shift, please clean out the trash and used items in the box. Remove any liquids (shampoo, conditioner etc), glass items, and edible items for the safety of our guests.
Thank you! We are fortunate to have such a large donor base who thinks of our everyday needs.
Preparing a Room at Check-Out
Before placing a check mark on the in/out board after a check-out, please make sure the room is truly ready for the next family. Remember you can refer to the "Check-Out Procedures" page of the flip chart found in every guest room for the necessary steps.
Meal Group Cancellations
If you receive a call from a meal group cancelling their scheduled meal,
please notify the manager on duty and leave a note in Connie's mailbox.
Pack and Play or Cot Storage
Please be sure when storing the pack and plays and/or cots that they are only placed in the designated storage closets. For the south wing it is the storage closet next to room 27, in the north wing the storage closets next to room 9 or 24 should be used. We have discovered people just putting them in random mechanical rooms which makes it difficult for folks to locate them when they are needed.