Wonders of the World
Silicon Global Online
VC Nazar Yasin,
- The 5 M’s of VC investment strategy: Management, Market, Metrics, Moats, and Multiples
- Weighing the right amount of risk to take in emerging markets is key, and there's a risk of not risking enough!
- Chinese tech titans are not crowding out the market for startups in Southeast Asia and other emerging markets. They actually make great exit partners.
- There probably won’t be another Jack Ma. Due to the raw GDP Ma was able to acquire in China, all under one umbrella, Alibaba’s feat may never be duplicated. But there will be mini Jack Ma’s coming out of emerging markets.
- One star is Careem in the Middle East, which Uber acquired for $3.1 billion.
“There is no way you can be a successful VC without having run or been an executive at a successful company yourself.”
- Being last to the market can be a winning plus!
DEALS, FUNDS, IPOs
Tiger Global leads $155 million investment in data labeling startup Scale AI.
Softbank Vision Fund leads $113.5 million funding of US logistics technology firm Flock Freight.
CITIC Private Equity Funds Management leads $60 million late-stage round in corporate digital solutions provider Cloudwise.
Sensor Technology Company FineMEMS Pockets $30 Million in a Series C+ Round Funding by CTC Capital.
Iron Pillar invests $4 million in Seattle-based CoreStack, a cloud governance and compliance SaaS startup
Former Google CEO Eric Schmidt is backing a new early-stage European venture capital fund from London firm Firstminute Capital.
HPA portfolio company Factor, a ready-made meal delivery service, was acquired by HelloFresh for $277 million.
Olive, an AI healthcare provider, raised $225.5 million, led by Tiger Global, joined by General Catalyst, Drive Capital, Silicon Valley Bank, GV and Sequoia Capital.
'Tis the season to go public:
China's Power Up For Debate
Matthew Turpin, Visiting Fellow at the Hoover Institution, will argue that U.S.-China decoupling will set back China’s emergence as a global high-tech leader.
Rebecca Fannin, Founder of Silicon Dragon Ventures, will argue that U.S.-China economic decoupling will not set back China’s emergence as a global high-tech leader. CSIS event.
December 15, 11am EST
The US government will not extend the Dec. 4 deadline for TikTok to find a buyer, but also will not seek to enforce the order either, allowing the two sides to continue negotiating in an open-ended manner.
Silicon Dragon CES 2021
January 13, 4-6pm PT
Ray Lane, GPV, former
Oracle COO & KP Partner
Jeffrey Lee, NLVC
Hot Asian Entrepreneurs
from Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan
Trampled by Unicorns author / former
Founder & CEO,
Former Cisco CEO
Ask VC John Chambers!
Intuit Executive Chairman
Wing 2 Wing Foundation
Download Our Mobile App
Latest news and events