Peace to You!
The Northwest Washington Synod Assembly is just around the corner!
It will be a one-day online-only event on Saturday, May 15, 9am-4pm.
Our theme this year is “United in Christ” – fitting as we are indeed United in Christ, even while gathering remotely!
During our assembly, we will worship together, hear news & reports from various synod leaders, discuss & act on amendments to our Synod Constitution / Bylaws and any resolutions that are submitted, vote on our Synod Budget & various elections, and celebrate congregation and minister anniversary milestones.
As you might imagine, the online nature of this event means we have made a few changes to our agenda and how we will gather – including how we are able to highlight our fabulous ministry partners and committees.
First, for credentialing purposes, we are limiting the assembly zoom meeting to voting members only. Visitors will be encouraged to join the assembly via livestream.
Second, our synod committees and ministry partners are invited to participate in the following ways:
- Provide a written report that will be posted on the assembly webpage
- Create a slide that will be displayed as part of a collection of slides during breaks and over lunch
- Create a video message (30 seconds to 2 minutes max) - we will attempt to share all submitted videos during the assembly AND we will post them on the synod website after assembly & on our social media channels
- Provide a swag/door prize item to be gifted to lucky drawing winners during the assembly
- Request a lunch time breakout room - voting members will be invited to visit breakout rooms over lunch – and have the opportunity to move between rooms. If you are not a voting member at the assembly, we would give you access into the meeting before lunch to host your breakout room. There are limited breakout rooms and will be assigned on a first come – first served basis. Also, be aware that some voting members are likely to take a screen break over the lunch hour instead of visiting breakout rooms.
IF you would like to take advantage of any or all of the above options, please first communicate your request to me by MARCH 31, specifying which option(s) you wish to utilize. You may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or reach out by phone Monday-Thursday at 206-783-9292 ext. 5. I will reply to your request with a confirmation email and specific instructions/parameters for submitting materials. Please note, all materials you wish to include will be due to me no later than 5pm on April 15.
With gratitude for you & your ministry,
Susan & the Assembly Planning Team
Susan Lindsay Berg
NW Washington Synod / ELCA