Assessing Your Interior Goals
The start of a new year brings us opportunity to refresh, edit, and invest in ourselves. We make goals both personally and professionally and we strive for a better well-being. Part of this assessment is our home. It is the place where we recharge, relax, and socialize. Your home should serve to support a healthy lifestyle and energize us in our daily lives. Our homes reflect who we are. It’s an ever-evolving piece of our well-being. Trends come and go and our homes should reflect all things old and new (just like you - refined). There should be elements that are vibrant and new mixed with your edited past. Let’s see what is in store for interior design in 2020.
- Strong geometric lines in furnishings and textiles
- Textures – tEXtuReS, TEXTURES!
- Interiors that reflect individuality – Uber-unique
- Creating spaces that tell a story
- Layered patterns in textiles, fabrics, and finishes
- Real plants – Our primitive roots are connected with the Earth and we benefit from nature. Plants help promote well-being.
- One paint color for the walls, baseboards, casings, mouldings, and crown. This monochrome palette creates a modern yet classic, sophisticated look.
- Performance fabrics. These are fabrics that not only look good but have improved durable qualities.
- Quality bedding – Splurge! You spend a large part of your life in bed. Invest in the total experience. It will serve you well. There are many health benefits.
- Faux Marble – from porcelain to quartz, marble has been duplicated with durable, pleasing, and versatile qualities.
- Perfectionism - Out are polished, perfect spaces. Life is more relaxing and a pleasure to be in when you have one less thing to worry about. Embrace imperfection and authenticity.
- Farm house styling
- Open shelving in kitchens
- Granite countertops
- Faux plants
- Subway tile
When making your new year’s resolutions, remember, It’s not about throwing away the past. It’s about the journey. Take good care of yourself and enjoy the many treasures that make your quality of life better. You deserve it.
Do you need clarity for the New Year?
Let us help you assess your interior goals for 2020.
Contact us at