Hello and happy Friday!
This weekend marks the last weekend of May—summer is officially underway.
As the demands of virtual learning subside, The Children’s Museum of the Upstate is here to provide ways for children of all ages to continue learning, engaging and creating. Whether your child is interested in learning the intricacies of nature, wants to be an astronaut when they grow up, or wants to 'brush' up on their art making—
TCMU has an option that fits every child—and every family!
In last Friday’s update, we announced that TCMU will begin its' phased reopening on June 1, with camps beginning June 8. Our online offerings will continue through the newly launched
For those of you interested in summer camps, we are so excited to open our doors again! TCMU has made several changes to ensure the safety of our staff and visitors:
- All summer camps will run at limited capacity and museum flow has been reimagined to help encourage social distancing
- Camp staff members will wear masks, but campers are not required to do so
- Upon arrival, each child’s temperature will be taken via a digital infrared non-contact thermometer—temperature must be below 100.4 to participate
- Additional hand sanitizing and wipe stations have been installed throughout our spaces; staff will be responsible for routinely scheduled museum cleanings
- Campers must practice social distancing at all times and remain with their class
- Materials and supplies will be provided each day; supplies will not be shared
- Materials and classrooms will be thoroughly sanitized during and after camp
- No backpacks, lunch bags or reusable water bottles will be allowed—campers will be asked to bring snacks in disposable bags and water in disposable bottles, all with the campers’ name on them
- No outside guests will be allowed into camp classrooms
- For at least the first two weeks of summer camp, both TCMU locations will remain closed to the public during the week
will host summer camps for children in Pre-K through 5th grade. Camps run for the duration of a week with morning (9am-12pm), afternoon (1pm-4pm) or full day (9am-4pm) camps available. Your child can choose from themes such as
Dinosaurs, Art, Science and Technology, Legos, Space, Fantasy
will also host morning (9a,-12pm) camps for children ages 3-6. Your child can choose from similar themes, such as
Space, The Great Outdoors, Jurassic Park